Content Director - MX
Content – Content : Content Local General
Acast is the world leading technology platform for on-demand audio and podcasting with offices in Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Paris, Oslo and Berlin. We have over 150M monthly listens today, and are growing rapidly. At our core is a love of audio and the fascinating stories our podcasters tell.
We are a flat organization that supports a culture of autonomy and respect, and find those with an entrepreneurial spirit and curious mindset thrive at Acast.
We are looking for an experienced and deeply passionate Content Director to be a key member of the newly created Mexican team. You will be responsible for shaping Acast’s content strategy in Mexico, leading content acquisitions and developing content-related new businesses. Ideally, you will be a real self starter, think creatively, act collaboratively, solve problems strategically and embody a strong passion for spoken-word and audio content. You will be based in our Mexico City office and report to the Global SVP of Content (Based in London) and the local Managing Director for Mexico.
With audio devices starting to fill our homes and podcasting becoming a mainstream media habit, the opportunity is large and exciting. Our ad-tech is best in class and we are now building our team of content experts who can harness new technology and integrations to grow podcast audiences in Mexico and beyond.
Ideally you’ll have 5+ years of content and/or licensing experience (ideally in digital and/or media), a strong network within media companies in Mexico and In-depth knowledge and understanding of Mexican market and media industry.
You will have a demonstrated track record of success and leadership expertise in a tech/media environment, Exceptional relationship management, negotiation and leadership skills and a proven ability to communicate and navigate through multiple disciplines, departments and across different cultures
You’ll be negotiating licensing agreements, interpreting legal documents and working with attorneys to complete agreements
You’ll be a team player that is collaborative, diplomatic and flexible. You’ll be fluent in both written and spoken Spanish and English
What you’ll do
- Develop and execute MX content strategy including recruiting, negotiating and implementing licensing relationships with content providers (media networks, broadcasters, podcasters & brands)
- Manage high level relationships with current and future content publishing partners
- Work collaboratively with colleagues globally cross-departmentally to drive the strategic goals of the company
- Work closely with our global sales teams to ensure podcasters receive maximum revenue.
- Input on the tech roadmap to ensure we offer our creators the best in class tools to grow and share their shows
- Work with 3rd party platforms and technologies to integrate Acast content with emerging platforms and devices
- Evangelize on the power of podcasts at creator meet ups, industry events and as part of our global PR outreach.
Do you want to be part of our ongoing journey? Apply now!