Managing Director - Mexico
People & Operations – Administration: Admin Local CM
Acast is the world leading technology platform for on-demand audio and podcasting with offices in Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Paris, Oslo and Berlin. We have over 150M monthly listens today, and are growing rapidly. At our core is a love of audio and the fascinating stories our podcasters tell.
We are a flat organization that supports a culture of autonomy and respect, and find those with an entrepreneurial spirit and curious mindset thrive at Acast.
As Regional MD, you will be the first LATAM hire, leading the sales, content and business development operations with the goal of building Acast’s presence in Mexico, before later looking to the wider LATAM market, all the while cementing Acast’s position as the Global podcast leader.
You will be responsible for introducing Acast to the region, both to content creators and future advertisers, making sure your existing close relationships throughout Mexcian media publishing and agency advertising teams are utilised, in order to drive revenue & win content throughout the region.
You will operate a Business Unit, managing profit & loss in order to plan for growth, scale and future profit. You will create an office culture that fits into the Acast Values, work closely with our Global Sales and Content teams across the world, aligning strategy and sharing best practices, picking up on all we’ve learnt from other markets and applying them alongside the nuances of the local market in Mexico. This is a unique opportunity for huge personal development, building not only a team but a whole market, and to grow and shape this industry in Mexico and LATAM.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set the Mexican launch plan, roadmap and corresponding revenue targets, both short and long-term
- Ensure operational consistency and best practices in driving revenue, advertiser and podcaster satisfaction, and operating growth
- Build the team in Mexico from scratch and lead them, ensuring growth and achieving sales targets, through advertising sales to both media agencies and direct clients
- Cooperate with global stakeholders on a daily basis: Global Sales, Content, PR & Marketing, Product & Tech, Operations
- Set the company strategy for Mexico and LATAM and direction for Sales, Content and Marketing
- Analyse and report on key drivers impacting top and bottom-line performance in Mexico, and the wider LATAM market; present regular updates to senior leadership
- Maintain quality customer experience for both advertisers and content-creators by establishing and implementing organisation standards
We are looking for someone with:
- Solid experience in high-level B2B sales in a growing organisation, working with global brands
- Deep understanding of the Mexican and LATAM media and advertising industry
- Track record of working in a fast-paced environment, building a strong sales team and culture
- Professional fluency in both English and Spanish are a must
- Experience working in the audio industry is a plus
Culture is key for us so we are looking for someone to join the Acast family that is assertive and driven, and appeals to our Acast values including ‘hustle everyday’, ‘no egos allowed’ and ‘stay curious, be brave’.
To thrive in this role, you will be entrepreneurial, goal-oriented, analytical and have a proven track record of building strong customer relationships and sales strategies. You will need to have proven leadership qualities, as well as a strong passion for podcasting, audio and media platforms.
We are a flat organisation that works towards enabling teams to make the best possible decisions rather than having decisions made for them. We believe in autonomy and a culture of continuous improvement.
You want to be part of our ongoing journey? Apply now!
Do you want to be part of our ongoing journey? Apply now!