Staff Software Engineer
Product & Tech – Tech : Tech Global Development
Acast is the world leading technology platform for on-demand audio and podcasting with offices in Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Paris, Oslo and Berlin. We have over 150M monthly listens today, and are growing rapidly. At our core is a love of audio and the fascinating stories our podcasters tell.
We are a flat organization that supports a culture of autonomy and respect, and find those with an entrepreneurial spirit and curious mindset thrive at Acast.
Acast is the world leading technology platform for on-demand audio and podcasting with offices in Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Oslo, Chicago, Dublin and Paris. We have over 150M monthly listens today, and are growing rapidly.
You will be a developer in an agile team of 3-7 developers, designing, coding and operating backend components and services part of the Acast product suite. You will work not only directly in the team, but also work across teams to influence design and architecture across the engineering organization.
- Have deep understanding of backend architecture and design
- Have pride in code with high quality output and performance and understands the importance of test automation on multiple levels
- Effectively deal with technical debt and understand how/when to refactor
- Help with the technical coordination of larger projects and work with multiple teams to drive them to completion
- Influence other senior developers in design and architecture decisions
- Help build a strong development team and train less experienced developers design principles and coding standards
- Share knowledge by actively seeking opportunities internally and externally
- Work as a useful resource and support for the overall business.
- Set guidelines, participate and drive architectural discussions based on your understanding of the product.
- Monthly wellness allowance
- 30 days holiday
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
Our engineering team is mostly located in central Stockholm, but with a remote first culture we’re able to bring on people who prefer full time remote work
Do you want to be part of our ongoing journey? Apply now!