Client Lead - UK
Commercial – Sales : Sales Local General
Acast is the world leading technology platform for on-demand audio and podcasting with offices in Stockholm, London, New York, Los Angeles, Sydney, Paris, Oslo and Berlin. We have over 150M monthly listens today, and are growing rapidly. At our core is a love of audio and the fascinating stories our podcasters tell.
We are a flat organization that supports a culture of autonomy and respect, and find those with an entrepreneurial spirit and curious mindset thrive at Acast.
Our partners include top publishers such as the BBC, The FT, The Economist, Guardian, Vice, 7,000 leading independent podcasters like My Dad Wrote a Porno, Gary Lineker, Jessie Ware to name only a few. Founded in 2014, Acast is headquartered in one of the fastest-growing tech capitals in the world, Stockholm, Sweden. Our awesome staff of 180+ people worldwide is filled with talented developers and technologists, sales and marketing experts who are passionate about audio storytelling and being part of building the next big thing in tech.
About the Role
Based in our brand new office in Old Street, you will report into the UK Director of Sales. This is the first role at this level targeting clients as opposed to media agencies.
There are 8 UK Key Account Directors, each supported by their Sales Planner. They manage their own media agency patches & have their individual sales targets. As UK Client Lead, you will use your extensive book of senior client contacts to educate & enthuse advertisers about the podcast space, and furthermore, the Acast offering. You will help manage one Direct Sales Executive, and help them manage their Sales Planner. You will work closely with all Key Account Directors in driving revenue from existing & new spending clients. Direct client business will be booked via the Direct Sales Executive, and business booked through media agencies will be booked by the relevant KAD. Rather than have your individual sales target you will be part of the UK team bonus system.
- Educate & enthuse advertisers about the podcast space & Acast offering - advertising sponsorship & branded content
- Using your extensive client contacts, visit & present & pitch to advertisers every week
- Work with KADs to understand their agency patch
- Create a business plan to target to most appropriate advertisers - to either increase existing spend, or to get new advertisers spending with Acast
- Maintain & grow the Direct Sales Executive’s business patch
- Have a deep understanding of the entire Acast business
- Work closely with Acast Insights to create & share data & insights that will create desire for advertisers to invest with Acast
- Working closely with content team to understand commercial opportunities
- Help the Direct Sales Executive managing sales pipeline, ensuring visibility of all potential
- 10+ years experience in building & maintaining a book of contacts at advertisers at all levels - especially CMO’s & senior level
- Fantastic presentation skills
- Creative thinking - coming up with desirable ideas for clients
- Ability to quickly learn a new media if required
- Ability to support & train the UK Sales Executive
- Fantastic organisation skills
- Self Starter / motivator
- Drive & resilience
- Great at Keynote (if not Powerpoint) Excel, & Google Docs
- Top class communication skills: Face to face, on phone & in writing
- Fabulous social skills
- Friendly & humble, yet confident and brave
Do you want to be part of our ongoing journey? Apply now!