Director, Business Optimization
Lake Mary, FL /
Commercial – Business Optimization /
We are seeking a Director, Business Optimizationto establish a new dedicated capability withinaccesso. The function must be bootstrapped; the Director must be very hands-on, driving deliverables from the function whilst evaluating and spearheading opportunities to broaden the impact and as a consequence, grow the team.
The team, initially of one, is responsible for the practical analysis of performance data from the operation of our installed products using this data to drive actionable product/operational improvements and/or test scenarios. Initial focus will be on the optimization of our Passport ecommerce performance and will use datapoints extracted from the Google 360 platform. The purview of the role will expand to investigate opportunities across the product set, informing product and commercial operations on areas of improvement.
The Director, Business Optimization leads our strategy to measure and improve client performance, building and leading a holistic function which delivers data-driven insights to internal and external stakeholders. Through collaboration with our client-facing teams, you will craft and execute our data analytics and insight delivery strategy to ensure a seamless client experience that delivers mutual, tangible value to accesso and our clients. You must be exceptional in front of executives and decision makers with the ability to lead and influence strategic initiatives and planning.
In due course, our measuring capabilities will spread across products (and solutions) to develop a useful performance dataset. The Business Optimization function will seek to be integral stakeholders in the product roadmap process, and to expand influence into pricing and yield management driven by the data and potentially validate opportunities to directly monetize the dataset. This is a broad-ranging opportunity, requiring someone with very practical data analytics skills, first-class business sense, leadership capabilities and the drive to immerse themselves enthusiastically and get busy.
Location: Lake Mary, FL***Please note in light of COVID-19, all of our employees globally are telecommuting until further notice.***
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Travel Requirement: Required sporadically up to 10%
- Developing an understanding of accesso products and services and how they are most effectively utilized. Translating that knowledge into client engagement strategies that yield financial and performance benefits
- Crafting meaningful insight from complex data with content that clearly presents opportunities in an accurate, understandable and engaging manner. Ensuring that data-driven decision making is a priority for external clients, colleague and other stakeholders
- Partnering with clients to gain a common understanding of performance and its relation to their KPIs
- Comparing client performance against industry best practices with a shrewd eye toward identifying performance and or profitability improvement opportunities, not just potential
- Identifying macro business and market trends that guide areas of future analysis to the mutual benefit of accesso and our clients
- Fostering a high-performing culture within colleagues and in course, within the team you lead that becomes the benchmark for excellence. Looking for talent around you and within the group that injects new perspectives, skills and experience
- Building a function capable of driving tangible performance opportunities with both rigorous depth and appropriate scalability for a set of enterprise clients and then being able to scale that delivery across the whole client set
- Being an expert at getting to the root of a problem, defining business objectives and formalizing data requirements – especially in a fast paced, fluid environment.
- Having exceptional business acumen and technical rigor: Be able to seamlessly shift between conversations with executives and technical teams
- Serving as adviser to commercial and product leadership teams within accesso to be able to respond to opportunity to improve performance and profitability within the product portfolio.
- A mature understanding of techniques of data acquisition and analysis in the field of performance optimization of cloud-hosted technology platforms. Expertise in the use of Google Analytics and Google 360 is a distinct advantage
- Experience in technology provision to the hospitality, attractions and entertainment industry
- It is critical that the successful candidate is personally capable of interrogating source data i.e. is “hands-on”. The ability to extract data through SQL queries or scripted API calls is a must
- First-class presentation, communication and interpersonal skills, and proven ability to inform and partner with technical and operating teams including at the most senior management levels
- Excellent organizational and self-management skills. This role requires a driven and ambitious self-starter. The opportunity to the right candidate with strong management skills exists to grow this function into a much broader organization
- Experience building a team, including recruitment, incentives and goal setting
- Background in data science or similar discipline needed to extract insights through statistical significance
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to grow a business. Proven results in delivering business value through action on insights
- Experience with working in a growing company vs. an established, known Enterprise brand
- Willing and able to accommodate travel when needed.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package including discretionary annual bonus opportunity.
- 4-weeks of Paid Time Off for employees up to 3-years of tenure (higher accrual thereafter);
- 8-hours of paid Volunteer Time Off to give back to organizations and groups you feel most passionately about;
- 2-weeks of paid Parental Leave so you can bond with your child(ren) following a birth, adoption, or foster care placement;
- Three different medical insurance plans to choose from, including an employer-contributed HSA;
- Employer-paid short & long-term disability and life insurance;
- Matching 401K;
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development;
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours.
WORKING AT accesso:
accesso is taking precautions to protect the health and wellness of our employees around the world during the current pandemic, including but not limited to the temporary suspension of business travel and the implementation of remote work.
Albert Einstein said, “In the midst of difficulty lies opportunity.” At accesso, this time of uncertainty has created opportunities for us to strengthen our partnerships as we continue innovating on future technology needs in a post-COVID world; to grow as a company as we identify areas for improvement in business processes and practices; and to focus on our wellbeing as we learn to navigate a new circumstance while staying meaningfully connected with our individual selves, families and teams.
When we are in the office, we have FUN! From our bright, open spaces, foosball and ping-pong tables, caffeine and snack-filled cafes, we’ve created office environments all over the world that nurture our team members’ creativity and foster our company’s core values: Passion, Teamwork, Commitment, Integrity, and Innovation. These values are celebrated globally, by region, and by team through a multitude of recognition programs such as iValue and Rockstar Awards. We are empowered to do our jobs and then are recognized and rewarded for doing them well.
Our teams work really hard, encourage and motivate one another, and love to celebrate personal and professional accomplishments as a family. This creates an atmosphere where people are eager to solve problems together and want to continuously do better for not only themselves, but for their teams and peers.
We believe in the power of inclusivity and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment for our employees to celebrate one another’s unique qualities. Any hiring decision made is assessed on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
At accesso, we understand that technology is a critical component to our client’s success and the happiness of their guests. No business should have to settle for technology that creates more issues than it solves! Technology should be the solution, not the problem.
Our clients need powerful technology solutions to grow their businesses and create connected guest experiences – and accesso delivers! That’s why over 1,000 venues in 30 countries have chosen to partner with us.
The status quo is not an option. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling behind. With our accesso solutions, venues can empower their staff with the control, data and confidence to make informed decisions that will drive revenue, create operational efficiencies and improve guest experiences.