Software Engineer (Java)
Lake Mary, FL /
Engineering – Development /
We are seeking an experienced Java Software Engineer who will work as part of our team to develop back-end services to support our accesso® Passport suite. As part of our accesso Ticketing Group, you’ll contribute to helping our clients sell more tickets, streamline operations, drive revenue and improve the guest experience. Our ticketing solutions allow our clients to sell general admissions, reserved seats, time/date specific tickets, season passes, memberships and so much more.
The Java Software Engineer will be a member of a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of advanced deployment mechanisms and continuous integration models, and will have experience scaling applications on a global level. US work eligibility is required.
Location: Lake Mary, FL
Reports to: Manager, UI Engineering
***Please note in light of COVID-19, all of our employees globally are telecommuting until further notice.***
Travel Requirement: None
- Developing and maintaining a custom Java framework
- Financial processing services and support for UI applications
- Participating in daily stand-ups and sprint planning sessions as part of our Agile development process
- Preparedness to code, collaborate and contribute
Technology You May Work With:
- Spring or Spring Boot
- REST web services
- CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Travis CI, Team City, Bamboo, etc.)
- Have 3+ years of related work experience in Java
- Are experienced with relational databases, like MySQL, including writing complex SQL queries
- Have a strong grasp of OO programming principles
- Are familiar with XML and JSON
- Have written unit tests for Java applications
- You enjoy solving challenging problems on a global scale
- Take pride in the code that you write - quality first!
- You are passionate about your work... because we are about our product
- Are willing to embrace an AGILE development methodology
- BONUS: Previous eCommerce and/or ticketing industry experiences
- BONUS: You’re comfortable working in a Linux environment
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package including discretionary annual bonus opportunity.
- 4-weeks of Paid Time Off for employees up to 3-years of tenure (higher accrual thereafter);
- 8-hours of paid Volunteer Time Off to give back to organizations and groups you feel most passionately about;
- 2-weeks of paid Parental Leave so you can bond with your child(ren) following a birth, adoption, or foster care placement;
- Three different medical insurance plans to choose from, including an employer-contributed HSA;
- Employer-paid short & long-term disability and life insurance;
- Matching 401K;
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development;
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours.
WORKING AT accesso:
accesso is taking precautions to protect the health and wellness of our employees around the world during the current pandemic, including but not limited to the temporary suspension of business travel and the implementation of remote work.
Albert Einstein said, “In the midst of difficulty lies opportunity.” At accesso, this time of uncertainty has created opportunities for us to strengthen our partnerships as we continue innovating on future technology needs in a post-COVID world; to grow as a company as we identify areas for improvement in business processes and practices; and to focus on our wellbeing as we learn to navigate a new circumstance while staying meaningfully connected with our individual selves, families and teams.
When we are in the office, we have FUN! From our bright, open spaces, foosball and ping-pong tables, caffeine and snack-filled cafes, we’ve created office environments all over the world that nurture our team members’ creativity and foster our company’s core values: Passion, Teamwork, Commitment, Integrity, and Innovation. These values are celebrated globally, by region, and by team through a multitude of recognition programs such as iValue and Rockstar Awards. We are empowered to do our jobs and then are recognized and rewarded for doing them well.
Our teams work really hard, encourage and motivate one another, and love to celebrate personal and professional accomplishments as a family. This creates an atmosphere where people are eager to solve problems together and want to continuously do better for not only themselves, but for their teams and peers.
We believe in the power of inclusivity and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment for our employees to celebrate one another’s unique qualities. Any hiring decision made is assessed on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
At accesso, we understand that technology is a critical component to our client’s success and the happiness of their guests. No business should have to settle for technology that creates more issues than it solves! Technology should be the solution, not the problem.
Our clients need powerful technology solutions to grow their businesses and create connected guest experiences – and accesso delivers! That’s why over 1,000 venues in 30 countries have chosen to partner with us.
The status quo is not an option. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling behind. With our accesso solutions, venues can empower their staff with the control, data and confidence to make informed decisions that will drive revenue, create operational efficiencies and improve guest experiences.