Cashier & Ride Attendant
Jackson, NJ /
Seasonal Park Operations - North America – THE FLASH Pass, Six Flags Great Adventure & Hurricane Harbor /
We are looking for Team Members who are excited about the attractions industry, self-motivated to learn about our virtual queuing solutions, and have a strong guest-services personality. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals to learn about theme park operations. accesso Team Members will assist guests as they enter the rides with our products, answering questions and handling product-related issues in a timely and friendly manner. They will also promote and sell THE FLASH Pass to guests at assigned locations throughout the park.
Applicants must be comfortable in both roles in THE FLASH Pass operations at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey.
What You May Do as a Cashier:
- Provide excellent customer service to all park guests.
- Enter guest information into the computer using
- Compute or re-compute bills, itemized lists, and tickets showing amount due.
- Make change, cash traveler's checks, authorize credit cards, take deposits, and issue receipts and rented devices to customers.
- Quote price of items and services for which money is received.
- Upsell guests to other service levels and offerings
- Operate cash register by compiling printed list, and display cost of customer purchase, tax, and rebates on monitor screen and issue receipt.
- At end of shift, totals cash register contents shown on register tape; verifies against cash on hand and register reports with supervisor.
- Familiarize yourself with the product offerings of our client, such as season pass discounts as well as park events and attraction information.
What You May Do as a Ride Attendant:
- Provide excellent customer service to all park guests.
- Check THE FLASH Pass to ensure guest-eligibility to ride an attraction at assigned ride station
- Direct both THE FLASH Pass and non-THE FLASH Pass guests to specified point in ride line to ensure proper merging.
- Collaborate with ride operations staff to ensure guests are loaded on ride in a timely manner.
- Promote THE FLASH Pass and provide system overview to guests in normal queues at rides or other designated areas of the park.
- Report to ride lead followed by an accesso supervisor.
- You must enjoy working with people – stellar guest experience is our priority and we are looking for people who can communicate with our guests in a professional and friendly manner.
- We are a very fast-paced environment; you should be prepared to think on your feet and make decisions – either independently or with your team – at an effective pace.
- You will be working with our queuing technology and questions or issues may arise from guests who are non-technical. Patience and the ability to timely resolve these questions and issues are an absolute requirement.
- You will be handling money and will need to have basic math and accounting skills to ensure accuracy.
- You may be working outside at any given time and must be comfortable working in all weather conditions.
- You will be asked to assist with cleaning tasks around the office such as mopping, wiping down counters walls, taking out trash, and other basic cleaning tasks.
- All THE FLASH Pass employees must abide by the grooming and safety guidelines of our client.
- You must have the flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays and have reliable transportation.
- This job requires some physical activity, such as bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking, and/or reaching on a frequent basis. You may be spending long periods of time standing or moving and may also be required to lift or move heavy items (up to 25 pounds).
- BONUS: You love theme parks!
What We Offer:
- Performance and sales-based incentives
- Free admission to the park on your days off
- Complimentary tickets to Six Flags Great Adventure
- Free rentals of THE FLASH Pass on your days off
- You must be at least 16 years old to be eligible for employment.
- We are an E-Verify employer. Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship.
- accesso is a drug-free company.
- No relocation offered for this position.
WORKING AT accesso:
accesso is taking precautions to protect the health and wellness of our employees around the world during the current pandemic, including but not limited to the temporary suspension of business travel and the implementation of remote work.
Albert Einstein said, “In the midst of difficulty lies opportunity.” At accesso, this time of uncertainty has created opportunities for us to strengthen our partnerships as we continue innovating on future technology needs in a post-COVID world; to grow as a company as we identify areas for improvement in business processes and practices; and to focus on our wellbeing as we learn to navigate a new circumstance while staying meaningfully connected with our individual selves, families and teams.
When we are in the office, we have FUN! From our bright, open spaces, foosball and ping-pong tables, caffeine and snack-filled cafes, we’ve created office environments all over the world that nurture our team members’ creativity and fosters our company’s core values: Passion, Teamwork, Commitment, Integrity, and Innovation. These values are celebrated globally, by region, and by team through a multitude of recognition programs such as iValue, Rockstar, and Legends Awards. We are empowered to do our jobs and then are recognized and rewarded for doing it well.
Our teams work really hard, encourage and motivate one another, and love to celebrate personal and professional accomplishments as a family. This creates an atmosphere where people are eager to solve problems together and want to continuously do better for not only themselves, but for their teams and peers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in the power of inclusivity. We are committed to creating a diverse environment for our employees to celebrate one another’s unique qualities. Any hiring decision made is assessed on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
At accesso, we understand that technology is a critical component to our client’s success and the happiness of their guests. No business should have to settle for technology that creates more issues than it solves! Technology should be the solution, not the problem.
Our clients need powerful technology solutions to grow their businesses and create connected guest experiences – and accesso delivers! That’s why over 1,000 venues in 30 countries have chosen to partner with us.
The status quo is not an option. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling behind. With our accesso solutions, venues can empower their staff with the control, data and confidence to make informed decisions that will drive revenue, create operational efficiencies and improve guest experiences.