Software Development Engineer in Test I (SDET)
Lake Mary, FL
Engineering – TE2 - Quality Engineering
TE2 - The Experience Engine™ Inc, a division of accesso, is the leader in experience-driven, personalized advertisement and content delivery for connected consumers, bridging the physical and digital brand experience across mobile, wearables and other digital technologies. TE2 is designed for industries where an in-person experience is a critical engagement opportunity, including hospitality, resorts, theme parks, food, travel, education and healthcare. For more information about TE2, please visit www.theexperienceengine.com.
As a SDET I for our Identity and Experience Platform Teams, you will be responsible for owning our test suites, automating and improving our tools and processes, and empowering development teams to move faster, with higher confidence.
Who You Are:
- You believe in Murphy's Law and "see around corners" in order to catch potential issues before they go live.
- You are motivated by helping to build a product that is innovative and game changing.
- You like to work with a wide array of technology rather than specializing in one specific technology.
- You love big technical challenges.
- You truly care about the business impact of what you help build and release.
- You adapt well to change.
- You have a strong passion for quality.
- Improve the coverage and reliability of our automated test suites.
- Develop automated tests for back-end services.
- Work in an agile environment (TDD, short release cycles).
- Architect new systems and components.
- Troubleshoot scaling and deployment issues.
- Take part in regular creative brainstorming sessions to improve product quality.
- Lead technical projects.
- Teach, learn, and document.
What types of TE2 products and services might I be working on?
- Location-based technologies (BLE Beacons and GPS).
- Identity Services.
- Machine Learning and Personalization features.
- Turn-by-turn navigation and indoor wayfinding.
- Mapping global places and venues.
- Payment platforms
- Analytics on user browse, search, and purchasing activity that drive personalized recommendations.
- Service-based authentication security protocols and solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science (or relevant equivalent).
- Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python.
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development.
- Strong problem solving skills; adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
- Knowledge of SOA and scalability.
Nice to Have:
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role.
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package including discretionary annual bonus opportunity;
- 4-weeks of Paid Time Off for employees up to 3-years of tenure (higher accrual thereafter);
- 8-hours of paid Volunteer Time Off to give back to organizations and groups you feel most passionately about;
- Three different medical insurance plans to choose from, including an employer-contributed HSA;
- Employer-paid short & long-term disability and life insurance;
- Matching 401K;
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development.
- We are an E-Verify organization. Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship.
- accesso is a drug free company.
WORKING AT accesso:
We have FUN! From our bright, open spaces, foosball and ping-pong tables, caffeine and snack-filled cafes, we’ve created office environments all over the world that nurture our team members’ creativity and fosters our company’s core values: Passion, Teamwork, Commitment, Integrity, and Innovation. These values are celebrated globally, by region, and by team through a multitude of recognition programs such as iValue and Rockstar Awards. We are empowered to do our jobs and then are recognized and rewarded for doing it well.
Our teams work really hard, encourage and motivate one another, and love to celebrate personal and professional accomplishments as a family. This creates an atmosphere where people are eager to solve problems together and want to continuously do better for not only themselves, but for their teams and peers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in the power of inclusivity. We are committed to creating a diverse environment for our employees to celebrate one another’s unique qualities. Any hiring decision made is assessed on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
At accesso, we understand that technology is a critical component to our client’s success and the happiness of their guests. No business should have to settle for technology that creates more issues than it solves! Technology should be the solution, not the problem.
Our clients need powerful technology solutions to grow their businesses and create connected guest experiences – and accesso delivers! That’s why over 1,000 venues in 30 countries have chosen to partner with us.
The status quo is not an option. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling behind. With our accesso solutions, venues can empower their staff with the control, data and confidence to make informed decisions that will drive revenue, create operational efficiencies and improve guest experiences.