Software Engineer (Java)
Lake Mary, FL
Engineering – Ticketing - Development
accesso® Named One of Orlando’s “Best Places to Work”
Who We Are:
accesso Technology Group, plc® is a world-wide software company delivering industry leading virtual queuing, eCommerce and ticketing solutions, and guest experience platform for the attractions, cultural and leisure industries. Passport® is one of six product lines of the accesso brand, joining the accesso Technology Group in 2012, and is the attractions industry's leading eCommerce provider with 28+ million tickets sold online per year and over $1 billion processed transactions annually. Our Passport® OnSite, OnLine and OnTheGo modules are leveraged by clients worldwide. With deployments in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia, we help our clients achieve their goals through our unsurpassed service, rapid release software deployment, commitment to innovation, and focus on security.
What We Need:
We are looking for an experienced Java Software Engineer who will work as part of our team to develop back-end services to support accesso's Passport® suite. This may include development and maintenance of a custom Java framework, financial processing services and support for UI applications. You'll be expected to participate in daily stand-ups and sprint planning sessions as part of our Agile development process. We move fast and as priorities shift, you'll need to keep up with your peers. We need someone who can code, collaborate and contribute.
You'll be Successful on our Team if you:
- Have 3+ years of related work experience in Java
- Are experienced with relational databases, like MySQL, including writing complex SQL queries
- Have a strong grasp of OO programming principles
- Are familiar with XML and JSON
- Have written unit tests for Java applications
- Thrive in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- You enjoy solving challenging problems on a global scale
- Take pride in the code that you write - quality first!
- You are passionate about your work... because we are about our product
- Can play a mean game of ping pong... and are not opposed to getting hit by a rogue Nerf gun dart
- Are willing to embrace an AGILE development methodology
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Spring or Spring Boot
- Familiarity with REST web services
- Familiarity with AWS
- Familiary with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Travis CI, Team City, Bamboo, etc.)
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package including discretionary annual bonus opportunity;
- 4-weeks of Paid Time Off for employees up to 3-years of tenure (higher accrual thereafter);
- 8-hours of paid Volunteer Time Off to give back to organizations and groups you feel most passionately about;
- Three different medical insurance plans to choose from, including an employer-contributed HSA;
- Employer-paid short & long-term disability and life insurance;
- Matching 401K;
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development.
- We are an E-Verify organization.
- Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
- This is a full-time position. No contractors please.
- You must be able to work onsite alongside your other team members in Lake Mary, Florida
WORKING AT accesso:
We have FUN! From our bright, open spaces, foosball and ping-pong tables, caffeine and snack-filled cafes, we’ve created office environments all over the world that nurture our team members’ creativity and fosters our company’s core values: Passion, Teamwork, Commitment, Integrity, and Innovation. These values are celebrated globally, by region, and by team through a multitude of recognition programs such as iValue and Rockstar Awards. We are empowered to do our jobs and then are recognized and rewarded for doing it well.
Our teams work really hard, encourage and motivate one another, and love to celebrate personal and professional accomplishments as a family. This creates an atmosphere where people are eager to solve problems together and want to continuously do better for not only themselves, but for their teams and peers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in the power of inclusivity. We are committed to creating a diverse environment for our employees to celebrate one another’s unique qualities. Any hiring decision made is assessed on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
At accesso, we understand that technology is a critical component to our client’s success and the happiness of their guests. No business should have to settle for technology that creates more issues than it solves! Technology should be the solution, not the problem.
Our clients need powerful technology solutions to grow their businesses and create connected guest experiences – and accesso delivers! That’s why over 1,000 venues in 30 countries have chosen to partner with us.
The status quo is not an option. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling behind. With our accesso solutions, venues can empower their staff with the control, data and confidence to make informed decisions that will drive revenue, create operational efficiencies and improve guest experiences.