Junior Software Developer in Test (SDET)
Twyford, UK /
Engineering – Quality Engineering /
We are currently seeking a Junior Software Developer in Test (SDET) to join our UK Development Team. We move quickly and look for team members with excellent problem-solving techniques and the ability to make sound decisions. This role involves 60% automation scripting and 40 % Manual testing. We require self-starters who can adapt and learn quickly.
The Jr. SDET should have strong verbal, written communication skills and the ability to work well within a team environment are essential. The ideal candidate will have knowledge & experience working with Agile development methods and exceptional organizational skills. UK work eligibility is required.
Location: Twyford, Berkshire
***Please note in light of COVID-19, all of our employees globally are telecommuting until further notice.***
Reports to: Manager, Quality
Travel Requirement: None
- Developing test cases and scripts from requirements for new products and upgrades
- Raising, tracking, and re-testing defects until resolution
- Discussing test issues with other test and dev team members
- Ensuring we are achieving high levels of test automation by appropriately guiding, from a test perspective, Use case analysis and scenario generation.
- Working collaboratively with developers so that test failures are found as early as possible.
- Ensuring all tests are executed as required and results and statistics are clearly communicated in line.
- Degree in a relevant subject (computer science, computer studies etc.) of a minimum 2:2
- Interest and ability to test applications thoroughly, with a strong eye for detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Computer savvy and with a drive for learning new technologies and processes
- Experienced in Framework Management technologies like Maven or Ant
- Exposure with any one of the following Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Team City.
- Strong understanding of OOPs concepts.
- Good Team Player.
- Comfortable in working with any existing Test Automation Framework and able to contribute towards the improvement of the Test Framework.
- BONUS: Experience in using Load and Functional automation tools such as JMeter and Selenium.
- BONUS: Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by teams.
- BONUS: Experience of working with code repositories (e.g. Git, SVN), bug tracking tools (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla).
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package including discretionary annual bonus opportunity;
- 26-days of paid annual leave for employees (paid leave increases with tenure);
- 8-hours of paid Volunteer Time Off to give back to organizations and groups you feel most passionately about;
- Robust health insurance scheme with the opportunity to participate in private medical scheme after satisfactory performance;
- Matching pension scheme (up to 8%);
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development;
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours.
WORKING AT accesso:
accesso is taking precautions to protect the health and wellness of our employees around the world during the current pandemic, including but not limited to the temporary suspension of business travel and the implementation of remote work.
Albert Einstein said, “In the midst of difficulty lies opportunity.” At accesso, this time of uncertainty has created opportunities for us to strengthen our partnerships as we continue innovating on future technology needs in a post-COVID world; to grow as a company as we identify areas for improvement in business processes and practices; and to focus on our wellbeing as we learn to navigate a new circumstance while staying meaningfully connected with our individual selves, families and teams.
When we are in the office, we have FUN! From our bright, open spaces, foosball and ping-pong tables, caffeine and snack-filled cafes, we’ve created office environments all over the world that nurture our team members’ creativity and foster our company’s core values: Passion, Teamwork, Commitment, Integrity, and Innovation. These values are celebrated globally, by region, and by team through a multitude of recognition programs such as iValue and Rockstar Awards. We are empowered to do our jobs and then are recognized and rewarded for doing them well.
Our teams work really hard, encourage and motivate one another, and love to celebrate personal and professional accomplishments as a family. This creates an atmosphere where people are eager to solve problems together and want to continuously do better for not only themselves, but for their teams and peers.
We believe in the power of inclusivity and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment for our employees to celebrate one another’s unique qualities. Any hiring decision made is assessed on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
At accesso, we understand that technology is a critical component to our client’s success and the happiness of their guests. No business should have to settle for technology that creates more issues than it solves! Technology should be the solution, not the problem.
Our clients need powerful technology solutions to grow their businesses and create connected guest experiences – and accesso delivers! That’s why over 1,000 venues in 30 countries have chosen to partner with us.
The status quo is not an option. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling behind. With our accesso solutions, venues can empower their staff with the control, data and confidence to make informed decisions that will drive revenue, create operational efficiencies and improve guest experiences.