Engineering – Development /
We are looking for a motivated DevOps Engineer to join our Ingresso development team. Our global distribution platform uses an API to seamlessly connect venues and resellers in real time, eliminating fraud risks, breakage and manual redemption processes. Our platform enables venues to connect with major resellers around the globe without the burden of expensive and intricate development work and allows resellers to gain broader inventory by providing connections to venues of any size with a single API plugin. As part of our distribution team, you’ll be helping resellers and venues connect in win-win partnerships while also providing a better experience for their patrons.
As the DevOps Engineer you will be working closely with our development teams, and will be a vital part of Ingresso engineering. You will be a key person to plan and shape the route DevOps takes for the platform. This position will create the best tools for our developers to code efficiently, and provide a rock-solid foundation that our applications and services can rely on. As you grow in your role, you'll have the opportunity to drive key decisions around technology and build up your automation skillset. All candidates must be authorised to work in the UK.
Location: London or Twyford, UK
***Please note in light of COVID-19, all of our employees globally are telecommuting until further notice.***
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Travel Requirement: None
- Participating in the teams' daily stand-ups
- Maintaining and improving container platform with latest best practices/tools
- Ensuring and enhancing security, cost-effectiveness, efficiency, and disaster recovery across our platform
- Working towards complete infrastructure as code and automation
- Collaborating with development teams to ensure platform services take reliability, scaling, and monitoring into account
- Being responsible for platform scaling to meet workload demands and spikes
- Being the point of contact for security projects with the accesso InfoSec team
- Ensuring developers have the required tools to ease deployment of services to the platform
- Continuously improving the efficiency of the CI/CD pipeline
- Building, enhancing, and participating in monitoring our internal systems' performance
Technologies You May Work With:
- GCP, Kubernetes
- CI/CD: CircleCI, Flux, Helm (Operator)
- Python, Go workloads
- Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Kibana
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Prometheus, Grafana
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- Minimum 1 year professional experience in this or a similar role
- Experience with AWS or GCP, including basic networking and IAM knowledge
- Experience with Kubernetes, preferably as a cluster operator (using self-managed or managed clusters)
- Knowledge or experience with Helm and Prometheus
- Knowledge of Istio or service mesh advantageous but not mandatory
- Working knowledge with Python or Bash scripting
- Comfortable with Terraform (infrastructure as code)
- Experience implementing CI/CD
- Good communication skills, analytical, inquisitive, and an autodidact
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package including discretionary annual bonus opportunity;
- 26-days of paid annual leave for employees (paid leave increases with tenure);
- 8-hours of paid Volunteer Time Off to give back to organizations and groups you feel most passionately about;
- Robust health insurance scheme with the opportunity to participate in private medical scheme after satisfactory performance;
- Matching pension scheme (up to 8%);
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development;
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours.
WORKING AT accesso:
accesso is taking precautions to protect the health and wellness of our employees around the world during the current pandemic, including but not limited to the temporary suspension of business travel and the implementation of remote work.
Albert Einstein said, “In the midst of difficulty lies opportunity.” At accesso, this time of uncertainty has created opportunities for us to strengthen our partnerships as we continue innovating on future technology needs in a post-COVID world; to grow as a company as we identify areas for improvement in business processes and practices; and to focus on our wellbeing as we learn to navigate a new circumstance while staying meaningfully connected with our individual selves, families and teams.
When we are in the office, we have FUN! From our bright, open spaces, foosball and ping-pong tables, caffeine and snack-filled cafes, we’ve created office environments all over the world that nurture our team members’ creativity and foster our company’s core values: Passion, Teamwork, Commitment, Integrity, and Innovation. These values are celebrated globally, by region, and by team through a multitude of recognition programs such as iValue and Rockstar Awards. We are empowered to do our jobs and then are recognized and rewarded for doing them well.
Our teams work really hard, encourage and motivate one another, and love to celebrate personal and professional accomplishments as a family. This creates an atmosphere where people are eager to solve problems together and want to continuously do better for not only themselves, but for their teams and peers.
We believe in the power of inclusivity and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment for our employees to celebrate one another’s unique qualities. Any hiring decision made is assessed on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
At accesso, we understand that technology is a critical component to our client’s success and the happiness of their guests. No business should have to settle for technology that creates more issues than it solves! Technology should be the solution, not the problem.
Our clients need powerful technology solutions to grow their businesses and create connected guest experiences – and accesso delivers! That’s why over 1,000 venues in 30 countries have chosen to partner with us.
The status quo is not an option. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling behind. With our accesso solutions, venues can empower their staff with the control, data and confidence to make informed decisions that will drive revenue, create operational efficiencies and improve guest experiences.