Production Support Engineer
Gold Coast/Brisbane /
Engineering – Development /
We are seeking a Production Support Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining accesso®Passport’s proprietary backend applications, including Java services and interfaces. As part of our accessoEngineering Group, you’ll contribute to helping our clients sell more tickets, streamline operations, drive revenue and improve the guest experience. Our ticketing solutions allow our clients to sell general admissions, reserved seats, time/date specific tickets, season passes, memberships and so much more.
As Production Support Engineer you will serve as the escalation point for technical and functional support to our business teams and work alongside Software Engineers to resolve complex development issues. To fulfill the level of service and commitment to our clients, you must be able to participate in an on-call rotation shared amongst the development team. We move fast and as priorities shift, you’ll need to keep up with your peers.
Location: Lake Mary, FL, Twyford, UK or Australia
***Please note in light of COVID-19, all of our employees globally are telecommuting until further notice.***
Reports to: Engineering Manager, Production Support
Travel Requirement: None
- Troubleshooting Level 2 Production Issues in our Linux Environment
- Deployment of low risk Production changes
- Providing thoughtful, timely updates on all open issues to the requester
- Collaborating with several development teams on issues affecting their product(s)
- Monitoring of daily routine batch jobs for exceptions
- Participating in an on-call monitoring schedule that supports the Passport system
- Post-closure analysis of issues with the intent of detecting trends on the help desk
Technologies You May Work With:
- Amazon Web Services
- Java Microservices
- MySQL databases (AWS Aurora)
- Atlassian Suite
- Microsoft Suite
- Experience in writing complex SQL
- Ability to read and understand code, preferably Java
- Strong communication skills
- Have excellent problem-solving techniques to identify root causes
- Are eager to learn and grow in the development field
- Thrive in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
- You are passionate about your work… because we are about our product
- BONUS: Familiarity with Linux environments
- BONUS: Previous eCommerce and/or ticketing industry experience
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package including discretionary annual bonus opportunity.
- 20-days of paid annual leave for employees up to 3-years of tenure (higher accrual thereafter);
- 8-hours of paid Volunteer Time Off to give back to organizations and groups you feel most passionately about;
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development;
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours.
WORKING AT accesso:
accesso is taking precautions to protect the health and wellness of our employees around the world during the current pandemic, including but not limited to the temporary suspension of business travel and the implementation of remote work.
Albert Einstein said, “In the midst of difficulty lies opportunity.” At accesso, this time of uncertainty has created opportunities for us to strengthen our partnerships as we continue innovating on future technology needs in a post-COVID world; to grow as a company as we identify areas for improvement in business processes and practices; and to focus on our wellbeing as we learn to navigate a new circumstance while staying meaningfully connected with our individual selves, families and teams.
When we are in the office, we have FUN! From our bright, open spaces, foosball and ping-pong tables, caffeine and snack-filled cafes, we’ve created office environments all over the world that nurture our team members’ creativity and foster our company’s core values: Passion, Teamwork, Commitment, Integrity, and Innovation. These values are celebrated globally, by region, and by team through a multitude of recognition programs such as iValue and Rockstar Awards. We are empowered to do our jobs and then are recognized and rewarded for doing them well.
Our teams work really hard, encourage and motivate one another, and love to celebrate personal and professional accomplishments as a family. This creates an atmosphere where people are eager to solve problems together and want to continuously do better for not only themselves, but for their teams and peers.
We believe in the power of inclusivity and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment for our employees to celebrate one another’s unique qualities. Any hiring decision made is assessed on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
At accesso, we understand that technology is a critical component to our client’s success and the happiness of their guests. No business should have to settle for technology that creates more issues than it solves! Technology should be the solution, not the problem.
Our clients need powerful technology solutions to grow their businesses and create connected guest experiences – and accesso delivers! That’s why over 1,000 venues in 30 countries have chosen to partner with us.
The status quo is not an option. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling behind. With our accesso solutions, venues can empower their staff with the control, data and confidence to make informed decisions that will drive revenue, create operational efficiencies and improve guest experiences.