Sr. UI Engineer (Angular)
Lake Mary, FL /
Engineering – Development /
We are seeking a Senior UI Engineer, eCommerce to play a crucial role in the evolution of our flagship product, Passport eCommerce . As part of our accesso®Ticketing Group, you’ll contribute to helping our clients sell more tickets, streamline operations, drive revenue and improve the guest experience. Our ticketing solutions allow our clients to sell general admissions, reserved seats, time/date specific tickets, season passes, memberships and so much more.
The Senior UI Engineer, eCommerce will be expected to architect, design, and help the team deliver a world class solution and should have a passion for performance, security, and optimization. The ideal candidate will have previous eCommerce and/or ticketing industry experience as well as familiarity working with server-side Java applications. Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship.
Location: Lake Mary, FL
***Please note in light of COVID-19, all of our employees globally are telecommuting until further notice.***
Reports to: Development Manager
Travel Requirement: None
- Being a technology evangelist and always looking to better the platform
- Independent thinking, leading, and providing critical problem solving skills
- Sharing architectural guidance to help the team deliver a quality product on time
- Developing high performance software at scale
- Providing technical guidance for our Engineering teams
- Functioning across the full stack, with a focus on UIs
- Extensive full-stack development experience delivering production code with a focus on SPA architecture with such frameworks as AngularJS 1.x or React, Angular 2+, Vue
- Direct experience leading development projects and initiatives on Agile/Scrum teams
- Experience with build frameworks such as Gulp, and testing frameworks like Jasmine
- Experience with back-end technologies such as Node.js
- Experience working with large scale high performance WebSocket technology
- Experience automating software builds and implementing CI/CD pipelines with tools such as Jenkins or CircleCI
- Expert in web optimization techniques (CDNs, image rendering, caching)
- Knowledgeable with internationalizing UIs
- Familiar with deploying to cloud infrastructure in AWS or Google Cloud environments
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- BONUS POINTS: Web application monitoring and observability with tools such as New Relic
- BONUS POINTS: Experience with Accessibility standards and compliance (WCAG/ADA)
- BONUS POINTS: Experience with Software Load Balancers such as HAProxy or Application/Elastic Load Balancers
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package including discretionary annual bonus opportunity.
- 4-weeks of Paid Time Off for employees up to 3-years of tenure (higher accrual thereafter);
- 8-hours of paid Volunteer Time Off to give back to organizations and groups you feel most passionately about;
- 2-weeks of paid Parental Leave so you can bond with your child(ren) following a birth, adoption, or foster care placement;
- Three different medical insurance plans to choose from, including an employer-contributed HSA;
- Employer-paid short & long-term disability and life insurance;
- Matching 401K;
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development;
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours.
WORKING AT accesso:
accesso is taking precautions to protect the health and wellness of our employees around the world during the current pandemic, including but not limited to the temporary suspension of business travel and the implementation of remote work.
Albert Einstein said, “In the midst of difficulty lies opportunity.” At accesso, this time of uncertainty has created opportunities for us to strengthen our partnerships as we continue innovating on future technology needs in a post-COVID world; to grow as a company as we identify areas for improvement in business processes and practices; and to focus on our wellbeing as we learn to navigate a new circumstance while staying meaningfully connected with our individual selves, families and teams.
When we are in the office, we have FUN! From our bright, open spaces, foosball and ping-pong tables, caffeine and snack-filled cafes, we’ve created office environments all over the world that nurture our team members’ creativity and foster our company’s core values: Passion, Teamwork, Commitment, Integrity, and Innovation. These values are celebrated globally, by region, and by team through a multitude of recognition programs such as iValue and Rockstar Awards. We are empowered to do our jobs and then are recognized and rewarded for doing them well.
Our teams work really hard, encourage and motivate one another, and love to celebrate personal and professional accomplishments as a family. This creates an atmosphere where people are eager to solve problems together and want to continuously do better for not only themselves, but for their teams and peers.
We believe in the power of inclusivity and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment for our employees to celebrate one another’s unique qualities. Any hiring decision made is assessed on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
At accesso, we understand that technology is a critical component to our client’s success and the happiness of their guests. No business should have to settle for technology that creates more issues than it solves! Technology should be the solution, not the problem.
Our clients need powerful technology solutions to grow their businesses and create connected guest experiences – and accesso delivers! That’s why over 1,000 venues in 30 countries have chosen to partner with us.
The status quo is not an option. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling behind. With our accesso solutions, venues can empower their staff with the control, data and confidence to make informed decisions that will drive revenue, create operational efficiencies and improve guest experiences.