Lake Mary, FL /
Engineering – Platform Engineering /
We are seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer to join the accesso® Ticketing Group’s Site Reliability Engineering team, which serves as the backbone of accesso’s enterprise ticketing platforms. As part of our accesso®Ticketing Group, you’ll contribute to helping our clients sell more tickets, streamline operations, drive revenue and improve the guest experience. Our ticketing solutions allow our clients to sell general admissions, reserved seats, time/date specific tickets, season passes, memberships and so much more.
The Cloud Engineer will work alongside a team of cloud and software engineers to ensure the security, scalability, and reliability of our production and non-production infrastructure across 7 data-centers globally. The ideal candidate would be AWS certified with a desire to learn how to manage IaaS or SaaS at scale.
Location: Lake Mary, Florida
***Please note in light of COVID-19, all of our employees globally are telecommuting until further notice.***
Reports to: Director, Site Reliability Engineering
Travel Requirement: Less than 10%
- "Make things scale": building software automation that enables digital experiences in the physical world, using insights to design metrics-driven automation, and collaborating with Engineering teams to improve platform reliability and performance
- Running deployments of large projects to support mission critical applications in our cloud SaaS solutions
- Developing, maintaining, and analyzing automation processes and tooling for on-prem and AWS environments
- Observability, capacity planning, system and service performance analysis and tuning
- Collaborating and communicating Within the organization, you will draft and communicate maintenance plans to the rest of the organization, develop and influence tools used, and standardize processes that empower accesso’s engineering teams to ensure effective and efficient operations. Externally to clients and vendors, you may serve as an escalation point and as a SME on accesso platforms and processes
Technologies You May Work With:
- Configuration management or IaC using ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform, git, Jenkins
- HTTP ingress routing using CDN, L4-L7 load balancing, HAProxy, Apache, Zuul
- linux (mostly Red Hat 6/7), system tracing, package management, performance analysis, kernel tuning
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Note: these are not must-have requirements. If you're managing IaaS or SaaS at scale (or want to learn), we want to hear from you
- 3+ years of highly-available or high-volume site reliability engineering or systems administration
- 3+ years of infrastructure automation, configuration management or immutable artifact orchestration
- Strong with 1+ languages (e.g. Python, Java, Kotlin, Go (golang), perl, bash) and git
- Willingness to develop SRE practices within an agile DevOps culture
- Periodic participation in an after-hours on-call rotation supporting production environments 24x7
- You understand the importance of and have implemented infrastructure and application security
- We’re not looking for you to have architected any major cloud infrastructure. But, you should be familiar with the design and deployment of enterprise-level systems in the cloud. AWS is what we use, however any cloud platform is acceptable
- BONUS: You possess or are pursuing an AWS certification
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package including discretionary annual bonus opportunity.
- 4-weeks of Paid Time Off for employees up to 3-years of tenure (higher accrual thereafter);
- 8-hours of paid Volunteer Time Off to give back to organizations and groups you feel most passionately about;
- 2-weeks of paid Parental Leave so you can bond with your child(ren) following a birth, adoption, or foster care placement;
- Inclusive Family Benefits - access to end-to-end support for maternity, surrogacy, adoption, and fertility, with a $5,000 benefit toward surrogacy, adoption, and fertility;
- Three different medical insurance plans to choose from, including an employer-contributed HSA;
- Employer-paid short & long-term disability and life insurance;
- Matching 401K;
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development;
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours.
WORKING AT accesso:
accesso is taking precautions to protect the health and wellness of our employees around the world during the current pandemic, including but not limited to the temporary suspension of business travel and the implementation of remote work.
Albert Einstein said, “In the midst of difficulty lies opportunity.” At accesso, this time of uncertainty has created opportunities for us to strengthen our partnerships as we continue innovating on future technology needs in a post-COVID world; to grow as a company as we identify areas for improvement in business processes and practices; and to focus on our wellbeing as we learn to navigate a new circumstance while staying meaningfully connected with our individual selves, families and teams.
When we are in the office, we have FUN! From our bright, open spaces, foosball and ping-pong tables, caffeine and snack-filled cafes, we’ve created office environments all over the world that nurture our team members’ creativity and fosters our company’s core values: Passion, Teamwork, Commitment, Integrity, and Innovation. These values are celebrated globally, by region, and by team through a multitude of recognition programs such as iValue, Rockstar, and Legends Awards. We are empowered to do our jobs and then are recognized and rewarded for doing it well.
Our teams work really hard, encourage and motivate one another, and love to celebrate personal and professional accomplishments as a family. This creates an atmosphere where people are eager to solve problems together and want to continuously do better for not only themselves, but for their teams and peers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in the power of inclusivity. We are committed to creating a diverse environment for our employees to celebrate one another’s unique qualities. Any hiring decision made is assessed on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in the power of inclusivity. We are committed to creating a diverse environment for our employees to celebrate one another’s unique qualities. Any hiring decision made is assessed on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Read more about Diversity & Inclusion at accesso.
At accesso, we understand that technology is a critical component to our client’s success and the happiness of their guests. No business should have to settle for technology that creates more issues than it solves! Technology should be the solution, not the problem.
Our clients need powerful technology solutions to grow their businesses and create connected guest experiences – and accesso delivers! That’s why over 1,000 venues in 30 countries have chosen to partner with us.
The status quo is not an option. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling behind. With our accesso solutions, venues can empower their staff with the control, data and confidence to make informed decisions that will drive revenue, create operational efficiencies and improve guest experiences.