Software Engineer (Java)
Lake Mary, FL
Engineering – TE2 - Development
accesso® Named One of Orlando's Best Places to Work!
TE2 - The Experience Engine™ Inc, a division of accesso, is the leader in experience-driven, personalized advertisement and content delivery for connected consumers, bridging the physical and digital brand experience across mobile, wearables and other digital technologies. TE2 is designed for industries where an in-person experience is a critical engagement opportunity, including hospitality, resorts, theme parks, food, travel, education and healthcare. For more information about TE2, please visit www.theexperienceengine.com.
As a Software Engineer at TE2, you will be a key contributor on a core engineering team that is designing and developing key components of TE2’s platform that drives personalization, recommendations and commerce for the physical world, in real-time.
Some of what you will be working on:
- Enabling personalized guest experiences based on specific location using location-based technologies (BLE Beacons, GPS, and WiFi Position Triangulation).
- Enhancing our event processing system to understand user behaviors and accurately categorize users.
- Improving on our user profile management functionality which allows us to gradually build a user identity as users deepen their relationships with our customers.
- Building frameworks which will enable rapid deployment of new customers and real-time monitoring of the environment.
- Providing analytics on user browse, search, and purchasing activity that drive personalized recommendations.
- Implementing the latest in service-based authentication security protocols and solutions.
- Capturing, storing, and protecting profile data in order to build an overall snapshot of a consumer.
- Mapping and determining relationships amongst various user identities whether it be individually, between people, or groups of people (Identity Management).
- Generalizing federated authentication services to ease integration with SSO providers and customer CRM systems.
- Supporting accesso® ticketing and queueing solutions in their usage of our core Identity services.
Technical challenges you may tackle:
- Contributing to our platform architectural transformation into a modern, scalable microservices foundation.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of a secure, restful API Gateway with routing to platform micro-services.
- Helping to design and implement a distributed trace logging for all eOS micro-services.
- Contributing to data modeling and migration from single-tenant Couchbase databases into a multi-tenant cluster.
- Implementing complex domain-model mappings between our client-facing APIs and customer systems of record.
- Implementing our product suite in ways that provide simple, usable common functionality, while allowing customer-specific added functionality.
- Continuously deploying our software into a cloud-based platform using tools such as Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Building reusable, multi-tenant software components that integrate with content management systems, commerce systems, and other industry-specific platforms.
Technologies you will be working with:
- Java 8
- AWS, Cloud Elastic Architectures
- Spring Boot and Apache CXF
- Microservice Technologies: Eureka, Ribbon, Hystrix
- RESTful / JSON web API service layer
- Couchbase (NoSQL) and PostgreSQL (RDBMS) data persistence and cache layers
- Message brokers including Kafka and ActiveMQ
- Apache Flink for event stream processing
- Execution environments including embedded Tomcat and Apache ServiceMix
- Continuous delivery integration through Jenkins pipelines
- Docker and Kubernetes for containers and orchestration
- 3+ years of related work experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field (preferred, but not necessary)
- Experience in Java or similar OO language (C#, C++)
- Strong grasp of OO programming principles
- Experience with REST APIs
- Willingness and ability to embrace an AGILE development methodology
- Expertise in a core area of technology in use by the business.
- Curiosity and a desire to expand knowledge of technology and best practices.
- Exploring additional areas of technology that are in alignment with the company's goals and objectives.
- Understanding and implementation of appropriate technology to build cutting edge products and services.
- Ability to apply appropriate design patterns to distill complex problems and make them simpler to resolve.
- Ability to adapt design patterns through thoughtful analysis of the requirements and context of the problem.
- Can be trusted to understand the design of a solution that involves many systems, front, back, in the middle, and to view software components as a part of the larger system context.
Progress without Clarity:
- The developer can be trusted with a problem to be solved, not a task to be executed.
- Ability to break down the problem and determine the sequence and priority of the tasks within the problem.
- Willingness to collaborate with others to determine what is and is not in scope and an ability to appropriately adjust the scope in order to solve the problem properly.
- Ability to resolve problems without perfect direction or clarity.
Estimation and Planning:
- A developing ability to accurately estimate the amount of effort and time required to solve a problem.
- Proven experience and ability to communicate progress accurately and succinctly.
- Willingness to engage with others and use tact to ensure progress across domains and organizations.
- Can be trusted to deliver small projects independently that meet or exceed the requirements presented.
- An ability to work with others through points of disagreement and come out the other side and move forward with the decision.
- The ability to “disagree and commit.”
- A developing ability to influence others with tact, persistence, facts, and demonstration with an openness for corrections and direction from others.
- An understanding that influence is powerful, that words matter a great deal, and that the right words can enable the right result.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package including discretionary annual bonus opportunity;
- 4-weeks of Paid Time Off for employees up to 3-years of tenure (higher accrual thereafter);
- 8-hours of paid Volunteer Time Off to give back to organizations and groups you feel most passionately about;
- Three different medical insurance plans to choose from, including an employer-contributed HSA;
- Employer-paid short & long-term disability and life insurance;
- Matching 401K;
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development.
- We are an E-Verify organization. Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship.
- accesso is a drug free company.
- This is a full-time position. No contractors please.
WORKING AT accesso:
We have FUN! From our bright, open spaces, foosball and ping-pong tables, caffeine and snack-filled cafes, we’ve created office environments all over the world that nurture our team members’ creativity and fosters our company’s core values: Passion, Teamwork, Commitment, Integrity, and Innovation. These values are celebrated globally, by region, and by team through a multitude of recognition programs such as iValue and Rockstar Awards. We are empowered to do our jobs and then are recognized and rewarded for doing it well.
Our teams work really hard, encourage and motivate one another, and love to celebrate personal and professional accomplishments as a family. This creates an atmosphere where people are eager to solve problems together and want to continuously do better for not only themselves, but for their teams and peers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe in the power of inclusivity. We are committed to creating a diverse environment for our employees to celebrate one another’s unique qualities. Any hiring decision made is assessed on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
At accesso, we understand that technology is a critical component to our client’s success and the happiness of their guests. No business should have to settle for technology that creates more issues than it solves! Technology should be the solution, not the problem.
Our clients need powerful technology solutions to grow their businesses and create connected guest experiences – and accesso delivers! That’s why over 1,000 venues in 30 countries have chosen to partner with us.
The status quo is not an option. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling behind. With our accesso solutions, venues can empower their staff with the control, data and confidence to make informed decisions that will drive revenue, create operational efficiencies and improve guest experiences.