Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Kubernetes
United States /
Engineering – Platform Engineering /
We are seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer whose objective is to "make things scale". This includes building software that automates experiences, developing utilities that provide insights/metrics, and providing instrumentation for the Engineering teams to more efficiently scale the platform. Our guest experience management platform helps businesses curate amazing experiences for their customers, connecting existing disparate data points to tell a more comprehensive story of who the customer is, where they are in the moment, what they might enjoy and when helpful suggestions will be most beneficial. As part of the guest experience team, you’ll help bridge the digital divide between guests and businesses, helping guests to enjoy a better experience and businesses to cultivate loyal customers and drive revenue.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will bring deep expertise designing and supporting highly-scalable, highly-available infrastructure and applications in Kubernetes, as well as promoting microservice design patterns in complex working environments. This role will serve as a subject matter expert on all aspects of our containerized deployments, including deployment, configuration, scaling, and upgrades. The ideal candidate will be passionate about mentoring other team members and customers on the adoption of new technologies and design principles, as well as promoting DevOps culture and collaboration. Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship.
Location: Telecommute, Eastern United States
Reports to: Site Reliability Engineering Manager
Travel Requirement: Up to 20%
- Minimizing and hardening microservices and public-facing API gateway attack surface
- Continuous delivery using tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, and Kubernetes
- Observability, capacity planning, system and service performance analysis and tuning
- Orchestrating multi-cloud and on-premise resources using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Rancher
- Debugging problems in production and test environments
- Advising developers on best practices applicable to the environment, and maintaining high-volume clusters in multiple datacenters
- Developing automation that improves deployment speed and service reliability in the containerized environment.
Technologies You May Work With:
- Configuration management: Ansible Tower, Terraform, Packer
- Operating Systems: Linux (Mostly Red Hat) and Windows Server
- Containerization and virtualization technologies: Docker Enterprise, Rancher, AWS, Azure, VMWare
- Metrics and monitoring: statsd, ELK, PagerDuty, Slack, Prometheus
- Messaging: Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Databases: Couchbase (NoSQL, N1QL), memcached, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- L2-L7 frame/packet/session inspection: netflow, WAF, pcap
- Other tooling: Linkerd, Contour, Hashicorp Consul and Vault, Open Policy Agent
- 5+ years of enterprise level site reliability engineering or systems engineering
- 3+ years of infrastructure automation, configuration management or container orchestration
- 3+ years enterprise architecture and/or designing large scale infrastructure solutions
- Strong with one or more languages (Go, Python, Java, JS or bash) and git
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related technical field (preferred, but not necessary)
- Periodic participation in an after-hours on-call rotation supporting production environments 24x7
- Strong background in developing SRE practices and promoting a DevOps culture
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package including discretionary annual bonus opportunity.
- 4-weeks of Paid Time Off for employees up to 3-years of tenure (higher accrual thereafter);
- 8-hours of paid Volunteer Time Off to give back to organizations and groups you feel most passionately about;
- 2-weeks of paid Parental Leave so you can bond with your child(ren) following a birth, adoption, or foster care placement;
- Three different medical insurance plans to choose from, including an employer-contributed HSA;
- Employer-paid short & long-term disability and life insurance;
- Matching 401K;
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business for continued learning and career development;
- A flexible work schedule around our core business hours.
WORKING AT accesso:
accesso is taking precautions to protect the health and wellness of our employees around the world during the current pandemic, including but not limited to the temporary suspension of business travel and the implementation of remote work.
Albert Einstein said, “In the midst of difficulty lies opportunity.” At accesso, this time of uncertainty has created opportunities for us to strengthen our partnerships as we continue innovating on future technology needs in a post-COVID world; to grow as a company as we identify areas for improvement in business processes and practices; and to focus on our wellbeing as we learn to navigate a new circumstance while staying meaningfully connected with our individual selves, families and teams.
When we are in the office, we have FUN! From our bright, open spaces, foosball and ping-pong tables, caffeine and snack-filled cafes, we’ve created office environments all over the world that nurture our team members’ creativity and foster our company’s core values: Passion, Teamwork, Commitment, Integrity, and Innovation. These values are celebrated globally, by region, and by team through a multitude of recognition programs such as iValue and Rockstar Awards. We are empowered to do our jobs and then are recognized and rewarded for doing them well.
Our teams work really hard, encourage and motivate one another, and love to celebrate personal and professional accomplishments as a family. This creates an atmosphere where people are eager to solve problems together and want to continuously do better for not only themselves, but for their teams and peers.
We believe in the power of inclusivity and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment for our employees to celebrate one another’s unique qualities. Any hiring decision made is assessed on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
At accesso, we understand that technology is a critical component to our client’s success and the happiness of their guests. No business should have to settle for technology that creates more issues than it solves! Technology should be the solution, not the problem.
Our clients need powerful technology solutions to grow their businesses and create connected guest experiences – and accesso delivers! That’s why over 1,000 venues in 30 countries have chosen to partner with us.
The status quo is not an option. If you’re not moving forward, you’re falling behind. With our accesso solutions, venues can empower their staff with the control, data and confidence to make informed decisions that will drive revenue, create operational efficiencies and improve guest experiences.