Senior Test Engineer
About Accion Systems
At Accion [pronounced AX-ee-on], we're working to change the world by making outer space more affordable and accessible. We come to work every day to build next-generation ion engines and other cool technologies for spacecraft. Our younger selves would be very proud of us.
Our team is excited about our mission and we work AND play hard together to achieve it. We offer competitive salary and benefits (including health, dental, 401(k) with match, gym membership reimbursement, and unlimited vacation), and we engage our team through activities including an annual retreat, weekly lunches, monthly team outings, and the chance to travel to and present at industry events. We strongly value self-motivated, enthusiastic employees and we work hard as a group to nurture growth mindsets in company and personal goals.
About This Position
We’re seeking a senior test engineer to lead and execute critical testing activities on spacecraft hardware. This role is hands-on and crucial to the successful and timely development of our propulsion system products. In addition to hands-on test execution, duties will include leading test planning and design as well as oversight of technicians and test engineers. Duties also include electrical and mechanical ground support equipment design, facility development, assisting with setup, data collection and analysis. It is important that this candidate possesses strong technical skills in two or more of the following: electronics, computer, software or aerospace engineering. Ideally, each candidate has experience with harsh environment testing, specifically aerospace-related testing. A strong emphasis will be on development of test equipment and facilities. Nearly all work involves advanced aerospace technologies such as vacuum chambers, ion beams and high voltage electronics.
Key responsibilities include:
· Leading critical hardware testing
· Creating test plans including verification and validation tables
· Test design and sensor implementation
· Hands-on oversight of complex, aerospace, environmental, vacuum and R&D testing
· Hands-on oversight of test set-up, fixture assembly and mounting
· Support of troubleshooting activities
· Test station design, build-up, calibration, purchasing and maintenance
· Documentation of key activities such as test reports, quality control and failures
· Oversight of test personnel
· Test procedure development and deployment
· Vacuum chamber experience (<1 micro-Torr pressures)
· Experience with test instrumentation such as DAQs, DMMs, power supplies, oscilloscopes, thermocouples/temp sensors, pressure sensors, accelerometers
· Hands-on testing
· Experience with environmental testing and proper mechanical test fixturing
· Experience with measurement accuracy and sources of measurement error
· Experience working with ESD sensitive hardware
· Experience with testing for harsh environments such as vibration, radiation, shock, thermal vacuum and humidity
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Proficiency with MS Word & Excel
Nice to have:
· Experience working in clean environment
· Aerospace environmental testing
· Military and other high-reliability requirements
· High-voltage (up to 5 kV) rated equipment
· Electronics or software design
· Automated test equipment and data acquisition
· Any of the following: LabVIEW, Matlab, Omnify, Altium, SolidWorks, Python, C/C++
The position is full-time, on-site, and available to be filled immediately.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other protected factor.