About Accion Systems
At Accion [pronounced AX-ee-on], we're working to change the world by making outer space more affordable and accessible. We come to work every day to build next-generation ion engines and other cool technologies for spacecraft. Our younger selves would be very proud of us.
Our team is excited about our mission and we work AND play hard together to achieve it. We offer competitive salary and benefits (including health, dental, 401(k) with match, gym membership reimbursement, and vacation), and we engage our team through activities including an annual retreat, weekly lunches, monthly team outings, and the chance to travel to and present at industry events. We strongly value self-motivated, enthusiastic employees and we work hard as a group to nurture growth mindsets in company and personal goals.
About This Position
The manufacturing team at Accion Systems, Inc. is looking for driven, detail-oriented individuals to help produce ion engines to revolutionize the space industry. Assembly technicians are responsible for the in-house processing of thruster hardware and propellant supply systems, striving to reach challenging deadlines with high-quality standards.
Techs work with a range of complex material processing techniques ranging from the high-temperature bonding of MEMS components to synthesis of carbon xerogels. Working with precise standard operating procedures and protocols, applicants can expect to produce hardware, flag problems in the production line, and run experimental procedures to improve yields and performance. A comprehensive training program will give new assembly technicians all the confidence required to achieve goals and learn more about a new generation of ion thrusters.
Though there can be excellent contributors, emphasis at the manufacturing department is placed on teamwork. It takes a village to achieve the goals set down by program deadlines and specifications. As a member of the manufacturing team, applicants can expect to grow their cooperation skills, self-accountability, and understanding of the challenges presented by the space industry.
An added benefit of the position is scheduling flexibility. This position is meant to foster learning and support the career development of the technician. Hours can be arranged to allow for classes and pursuit of degrees.
- Strong cooperative/teamwork mentality
- Attention to detail and stringent note-taking skills
- Hand dexterity
- Accountability and honesty
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, namely Excel
- Willingness to learn (training to be provided)
- US Citizenship
- Basic lab experience (operation with microscopes, personal protective equipment protocols, general lab safety)
- Interest in science, technology, engineering, and aerospace (no formal degree required, but background knowledge appreciated)
- Space is cool! New startup companies working on space technology have reinvigorated excitement for outer space. You can join one of Boston’s few space companies working on technology that will be launched into orbit. Our team is comprised of highly motivated employees who are leading experts in the space industry, revolutionizing in-space propulsion.
- Startup Environment: Working at a startup means you get to contribute to the company’s big picture goals. Every employee at Accion works on critical projects from start to finish that directly impact our company’s progress.
- Breakfast every Monday, Lunch every Wednesday, Monthly Birthday Lunches, New Employee Lunches (Basically, you’ll be fed!)
- Kitchen is always fully stocked with snacks and drinks
- Regular social hour, team building events and industry networking events, social groups (Women of Accion, R&D Journal Club, Book Club, Foodie Group, Bike Club)
- Open office setup with plenty of breakout spaces to fly solo
- State of the art lab facility
- Free parking and shuttle to Sullivan and South Station
- On site gym, cafeteria, cafe, lounge, rooftop garden, harbor walk, softball field, corn-hole, ping pong table
- Steps away from historic Charlestown and trendy Assembly Row
- Five-minute walk to the Orange Line
The position is full-time, on-site, and available to be filled immediately.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other protected factor.