Senior Mechanical Engineer
About This Position
Accion Systems Inc. is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to lead development of mechanical, fluidic and electro-mechanical systems for Accion's spacecraft propulsion products. The engineer is expected to lead a small, dynamic team of mechanical engineers and contribute to cross-functional engineering team integration. The candidate will be directly contributing and leading other engineers to help produce ion engines to revolutionize the space industry. Experience completing development design cycles with in-space propulsion or similarly complex, high-reliability systems is required
· Direct overall mechanical design on electromechanical systems
· Partner with program management to create schedule, budget and allocate team resources
· Guide and mentor early career engineers
· Mechanical, fluid and electro-mechanical system design and analysis/simulation
· Thermal design and analysis/simulation
· Familiar with SolidWorks CAE tool suite or similar
· Design of mechanism / materials / fluidics / thermal design
· 5 years of technical management experience
· Aerospace (or similar harsh environment) systems development
· Fast-paced engineering development environment
· Transitioning complex electromechanical products to manufacturing environments
· Proficient with engineering documentation and engineering change control
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Quality control standards, fault-tolerant design (redundancy/reliability schemes) for harsh environments
· Design of spacecraft fluid management systems, spacecraft enclosures and supports, spacecraft electro-mechanical interfaces and high voltage
· Electric or chemical propulsion experience
· Supply-chain / vendor management
· Materials engineering experience
The position is full-time, on-site, and available to be filled immediately.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other protected factor.
About Accion Systems
At Accion [pronounced AX-ee-on], we're working to change the world by making outer space more affordable and accessible. We come to work every day to build next-generation ion engines and other cool technologies for spacecraft. Our younger selves would be very proud of us.
Our team is excited about our mission and we work AND play hard together to achieve it. We offer competitive salary and benefits (including health, dental, 401(k) with match, gym membership reimbursement, and vacation), and we engage our team through activities including an annual retreat, weekly lunches, monthly team outings, and the chance to travel to and present at industry events. We strongly value self-motivated, enthusiastic employees and we work hard as a group to nurture growth mindsets in company and personal goals.
New startup companies working on space technology have reinvigorated excitement for outer space. You can join one of Boston’s few space companies working on technology that will be launched into orbit. Our team is comprised of highly motivated employees who are leading experts in the space industry, revolutionizing in-space propulsion.
Working at a startup means you get to contribute to the company’s big picture goals. Every employee at Accion works on critical projects from start to finish that directly impact our company’s progress.
· Breakfast every Monday, Lunch every Wednesday, Monthly Birthday Lunches, New Employee Lunches
· Kitchen is always fully stocked with snacks and drinks
· Regular social hour, team building events and industry networking events, social groups (Women of Accion, R&D Journaling, Book Club, Foodie Group, Bike Club)
· Open office setup with plenty of breakout spaces for independent work and team collaboration
· State of the art lab facility
· Free parking and shuttle to Sullivan and South Station
· On site gym, cafeteria, cafe, lounge, rooftop garden, harbor walk, softball field, corn-hole, ping pong table
· Steps away from historic Charlestown and trendy Assembly Row
· Five-minute walk to the Orange Line
We’re looking for self-motivated people to join our team who will hit the ground running and have the confidence to manage their own projects. Your success is our success.