Ruby on Rails Developer
HQ | Tech – Development
Ruby, Ruby, Rubyyyyy?
Ace & Tate is looking for a smart and enthusiastic Ruby (on Rails) Developer.
Could this be you? If so, keep on reading, you keen thing…
We’re after someone who can not only flex their expertise on a variety of projects, but come up with lightbulb ideas to improve our service. An ideal candidate would be ultra passionate about all aspects of web development, and possess an incredible eye for detail – all that, and, of course, a load of experience with Ruby.
Enough about you, what about us? Ace & Tate is building its brand in Europe and has a beautiful office in Amsterdam East with an energetic, international and ambitious team. Our new technology stack runs in the AWS cloud and is built with a front-end in React plus a back-end built in Ruby on Rails (Solidus).
This position is full-time and immediately available at our HQ in Amsterdam.
In your role as Ruby Developer you'll be...
- Maintaining a Solidus web store
- Writing server-side web application logic in Ruby (on Rails)
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code and libraries
- Integrating user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Integrating data storage solutions like PostgreSQL and Redis
- Identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and devising solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Writing unit and integration tests to keep our codebase running smoothly
- Are a strong team player and love to help others out
- Are fluent in English
- Have an eye for detail
- Are able to empathise with our (online) customers
- Are a fast learner, seeking constant self-improvement
- Love experimenting with cutting edge technologies and see how these would fit into our technology stack
- Have a sense of pragmatism, not afraid to code your way out of a challenge
- Strive to write clean solutions and performant code, because you know speed is a feature
- Like to work together with people from various teams and disciplines
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Have a strong grasp of REST API’s and know how to create and maintain them
- Able to implement automated testing platforms, unit and integration tests
- Experience with an Agile / scrum environment
- Knowledge/experience with Amazon Web Services
- Version control systems, ideally Git
- Nice to have: experience with React and React Native
- The chance to be part of an ambitious and international team
- Personal development opportunities
- An exciting product domain: web, mobile and e-commerce
- A growing organisation where you can contribute strongly to architecture design and company culture
- Daily fresh lunch, good coffee and (Thursday and) Friday drinks
- Time to relax while playing pingpong or a game of old school Mario Kart
- The chance to constantly update your eyewear collection
- Sponsored visa when needed
- Competitive salary
Jeez, that was a lot. Still with us? If you are, and you’re thinking that you might just fit this exact profile, please apply via the form below. We look forward to telling you more about our exciting plans!
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position.