Senior Retail Designer (maternity cover)
Amsterdam HQ /
HQ | Retail Expansion – Retail Design /
Ace & Tate is growing fast and is constantly opening new stores. We are currently looking for a Sr. Retail Designer (maternity cover) to join the Retail Expansion team. Within this team you will work closely with Real Estate Acquirers, Architects and the Project team to ensure we open our new stores in a timely
The position is a maternity cover, full-time and starting at the 1st of October at our headquarter office in Amsterdam.
As a Sr. Retail Designer you are responsible for creating designs for Ace & Tate stores within brand constraints & budget. This means that you will deliver a lay-out study, floorplan, concept, mood board, materialisation, principle details and furniture, according to our tiering system. You will manage a Jr. Designer & a deign intern, and give guidance to, external agencies, creative parties where applicable.
Your responsibilities include...
- Perform layout feasibility studies on potential locations and provide input for architectural and real estate stakeholders in regards to the hand over state of building. You will flag important details that might influence design, look & feel or budget
- Create a store design according to our tiering philosophy and design guidelines; where you translate the A&T concept to a specific location and space within the set schedule
- Where applicable you create an in depth store concept; including color palette, materialisation and translation of the concept into Ace & Tate design
- Coordinate with the retail operations team to align needs for new stores and the design and make sure the store is operational feasible and according to standards. Important standards are ideal product-load, customer flow, dedicated VM areas and BOH set-up
- When applicable; coordinate with external design agencies for the creation of a retail design. This includes but is not limited to; briefing, managing budget & performing art direction to make sure deliverables are handed over in time, on brand and within budget
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders like the creative team for complementary artworks & brand layers for the store
- Coordinate with project managers, architects, real estate & planning to make sure yearly targets for dedicated store projects are delivered within budget, on time and according to Ace & Tate quality standards. You maintain a sanity and quality check through-out a project
- You will contribute to the company’s goals of more sustainable store roll out and construction. You have a sustainable and circular mindset at the start of every design and with everything you do.
- You will contribute to implement the tiering-philosophy and together with the team make improvements towards this philosophy with the goal to become more scalable. This could include researching materials, fine tune details, research potential cost reducing
- Have a minimum of 8 years of relevant retail work experience
- Will report to the Creative Director
- Have a Bachelor degree or similar in a relevant field (Design or Architecture)
- Are forward thinking and always a few steps ahead
- Have a natural feel for the Ace & Tate brand and identity
- Are an experienced user of SketchUp, Photoshop, Vectorworks, Auto CAD-3 a.o.
- Are passionate about fashion, design and architecture
- Are a team player and know how to operate in a creative retail environment where all focus is on aesthetics & quality
- You can juggle multiple projects at once and you manage timelines, budgets and people with confidence
- Are a hands-on executor and an independent performer that knows how to take initiative
- Are used to working under high pressure and you see tight deadlines as an exciting challenge
- Are a fluent English speaker
We offer you...
- The chance to be part of an international and ambitious team
- Personal development
- A broad scope of responsibilities
- An international company with a fun, hardworking and dynamic atmosphere
- Continuous updates to your eyewear collection!
Are you interested and do you recognise yourself in this profile? Please apply via the form below! We look forward to telling you more about our exciting plans.
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position.
Ace & Tate is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment for all current and potential employees.