Junior Financial Controller
Amsterdam HQ /
HQ | Finance – Finance /
We are looking for a hands-on Junior Financial Controller to help Ace & Tate climb to greater heights and to prepare for future growth. You will be responsible for business partnering with our Retail Expansion and Retail Operations teams, meaning full reporting ownership of fixed assets and store profitability.
You will assist in the preparation of shiny management and shareholder reporting and are on top of differences between actuals and budget. You’ll have the chance to be the driver in optimising financial processes and implementing internal control throughout the company.
You will work closely with a dynamic and young finance team in the monthly closing process to get the financials of all our international companies with 70 stores in 10 countries nice and tidy. The finance team is growing fast and is continuously looking for process optimisations and achieving more efficiency. Our ideal candidate is proactive and thrives in a changing environment.
This position is full-time and available from February at our headquarters office in Amsterdam. Of course, depending on covid measures, a large part of onboarding will be done remotely.
Next to the above, you'll be...
- Contributing to the consolidated financial statements.
- Preparing local financial statements.
- Making our ‘ways of working’ more efficient and scalable.
- Delivering on ad hoc requests such as business cases, CSR audits and dashboarding.
- Have a good understanding of accounting and finance with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Love analysing and like to question the status quo.
- Have 0 - 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Have a good sense of humour and are a big optimist.
- Are familiar with external reporting standards.
- Are an excellent English speaker and writer.
- Are able to improvise and deal with new challenges.
- Are not scared by Excel formulas and know how to use them.
We offer you...
- The chance to be part of a young and international team.
- To be part of the Ace & Tate growth story
- Personal and professional development.
- Experience how it is to work in a vibrant, international scale-up.
- A broad scope of responsibilities
- Frequent updates to your own eyewear collection!
Jeez, that was a lot. Still with us? If you are, and you’re thinking that you might just fit this exact profile, please apply via the form below. We’d love to hear from you.
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position.
Ace & Tate is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment for all current and potential employees.