HQ | Tech – Development
This is an open application for an enthusiastic Developer.
At Ace & Tate, our goal is to build a seamless customer experience across all our digital and physical channels. In this role, we will be exploring the future of digital retail together.
Sound good? Keep your eyes peeled…
Your mission will be to build digital experiences that are a joy to use. As Front-End Engineer, you will be involved in the entire web development process, including translating UI/UX designs to actual code. You will work closely with our UI/UX designers to bridge the gap between visual design and technical implementation.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate and takes action quickly. You’ll have an active role on both front- and back-end: defining how the website looks, as well as how it works.
A bit more about us: we’re a fast-growing eyewear-brand, based in Amsterdam East with an energetic, international and ambitious team. Our new technology stack runs in the AWS cloud, on a front-end built with React — and a back-end built on Ruby on Rails (Solidus). If you understood all that, you’ve passed the first test.
While our team is currently up to full strength, we are always keen to have a chat for future opportunities. So keep on reading and we are looking forward to your open application.
In your role as Front-End Developer you'll be...
- Working with modern technologies to improve our flashy new website
- Working closely together with the UI/UX designers to keep our design system up to date
- Creating well structured code for the best user experience and maintainability
- Working together with colleagues of all disciplines to create campaigns, improve usability and implement A/B tests
We’d also like you to...
- Have 5+ years of experience in (front-end) web development
- Keep an oversight on the code quality and documentation. In other words, you make it run smoothly on every screen
- Be a strong team player and love to help others out
- Have an eye for detail and a sense for design
- Be able to empathise with our (online) customers
- Learn quickly, and always want to improve
- Have excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Love cutting edge technologies and experimenting with how these would fit into our technology stack
Some skills we want from you...
- Experience with version control systems, ideally Git
- Experience with Styled-Components or similar
- Experience with React
- Experience in structuring the technical (agile) delivery process
- Experience in Unit testing and/or E2E testing
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience across responsive design, performance tuning as well as localisation & accessibility
Nice to have...
- Experience with Nodejs, Server Side Rendering and webpack
- Experience with AWS and front-end server setup
- Experience in node package development
- The chance to be part of a young and ambitious team
- Personal development opportunities
- An exciting product domain: web, mobile and e-commerce
- A role in a growing organisation, where you can contribute strongly to architecture design and company culture
- Fresh lunch daily, good coffee and (Thursday and) Friday drinks
- Time to relax while playing ping-pong or a game of old-school Mario Kart
- The chance to constantly update your eyewear collection
- A sponsored visa, if you need to relocate
- Competitive salary
Jeez, that was a lot. Still with us? If you are, and you’re thinking that you might just fit this exact profile for future opportunities, please apply via the form below. We’d love to hear from you.
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position.