Buying Manager (Maternity Cover)
HQ | Supply Chain – Buying
We are looking for an experienced Buying Manager (maternity cover) who can support the Supply Chain team and ensure the continuation of projects during the maternity leave period of our current Buying Manager.
The main projects you will be working on include, but are not limited to, the optimisation of buying processes in line with our recently implemented ERP system and the set-up of our buying plan and budget for 2021.
This position is available on a part-time base (3-4 days/week) starting at the beginning of June until October 2020 at our headquarters office in Amsterdam.
- Managing a small team of a Jr. Buyer and a Buying & Planning Coordinator
- Responsible for overseeing the buying and sourcing strategy
- Managing the buying budget for frames and packaging in collaboration with the Head of Finance
- Working cross-functionally with planning, design and retail to analyse sales and customer demands in order to optimise the buying plan
- Managing other buying related activities, such as overseeing new product launches and testing/fine-tuning our newly implemented ERP system
- Engaging in efficiency improvement projects
- Reporting to our Supply Chain Director on KPI’s and giving input for MT related topics
- Have a minimum of 6-7 years working experience in buying (experience in planning is a plus) and a minimum of 2-3 years as a manager
- Have an analytical mind-set and an organised working approach
- Are strong in decision making
- Have a positive and proactive mindset in making things happen. You’re always looking for solutions, rather than presenting problems
- Have very strong Excel skills
- Have experience in working with an ERP system (preferably Odoo)
- Have great communication skills and are fluent in English
- Love working in a fast-paced environment where flexibility is key
We offer you...
- The chance to be part of an international, ambitious and fun team
- Experience how it is to work in a vibrant international scale-up company
- A broad scope of responsibilities and growth opportunities
- Healthy lunch, good coffee, all day snacks and Friday drinks
- A frequent update of your eyewear collection!
Ace & Tate is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment for all current and potential employees.