Amsterdam HQ /
HQ | People – People /
Amsterdam-based Ace & Tate has been consistently evolving over the years: what was once a very small team working in a very small office 7 years ago, has grown into a huge organisation with over 600 employees, across 10 territories. We are set on continuing our expansion, and aim towards building a company of 1000+ people within the next two years. Of course, with a great big team, comes great responsibility — our people are the most treasured part of our business.
Therefore, we are looking for a People Director who will be responsible for making sure Ace & Tate remains a positive and nurturing place to work, as the business continues to grow. We want someone who will oversee the HR department, and be part of the Management Team, acting as the sparring partner on all people-related matters. This person is expected to connect our company strategy to a people and culture strategy, and shape and develop the organisation to support company expansion. Other tasks include being responsible for initiatives such as: learning and development, recruitment and talent management, diversity and inclusion, organisational design and operational excellence within HR.
We are looking for an innovative and widely skilled HR leader. Our ideal candidate has previously led HR in an internationally scaling company, preferably in retail.
As People Director you will…
- Lead, further build and optimise the HR department (HR, Recruitment, Learning & Development and Office)
- Define the global HR strategy ensuring full alignment with organisational and business challenges
- Improve Learning & Development programs for both retail and HQ
- Launch initiatives to make sure Ace & Tate continues to be a great place to work
- Set up HR processes that support our growth over time (e.g. smooth rollout of HR in new countries, HR support for growing from 600 to 1000 employees and beyond)
- Have 15+ years of experience in HR or broader business roles; at least 7 years in a leading HR role
- Have experience in the international (scaling) retail landscape
- Have experience with organisational redesign to allow organisations to scale up (1000+ employees)
- Are experienced in the field of L&D
- Have a proven track record of HR strategy development and execution on programs, processes and policies
- Are experienced working with different HR systems
We offer you...
- The chance to be part of an international, ambitious and fun team
- The opportunity to push the boundaries for our international footprint
- A broad scope of responsibilities and lots of variety in your work
- Frequent updates to your eyewear collection!
Are you interested and do you recognise yourself in this profile? Please apply via the form below! We look forward to telling you more about our exciting plans.
Please note that we are not interested in working with recruitment agencies for this position.
Ace & Tate is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment for all current and potential employees. Black, POC, and women are encouraged to apply.