Area Dispensing Optician
Stores – Optician /
We need you!
Ace & Tate is growing fast and we are looking for an Area Dispensing Optician to work fulltime in store in London.
Heard of Ace & Tate? We are a sustainable and innovative brand that offers stylish glasses and accessories. Each of our stores has a unique aesthetic design, offering a creative work environment. We are young, passionate and innovative - what we are missing now is you!
Our ideal candidate will provide flexible operational, technical and training support for all our London (and other UK) stores. The Area Dispensing Optician reports directly to the UK Regional Manager (RM) and will work in team collaboration with the Head Optometrist (HO) and London Regional Optometrist (LRO).
Read our Vision Statement to learn more about our values, and what eye care means to us.
The position is available full-time 40 hours / 5 days per week, requiring a flexible weekday and weekend working schedule.
Sounds pretty good, doesn't it? It gets even better:
- Industry standard salary and the opportunity for a monthly store bonus on top;
- Possibility of a yearly salary raise;
- Company pension scheme;
- 29 days paid annual leave include Bank holidays;
- ABDO & GOC membership paid by employer;
- Regular (online) events organised by our Culture Club and budget for team events;
- An update to your eyewear collection! - up to 2 free frames a year and additional discounts for you and your family and friends;
- A secure working environment and guarantee to continue working in COVID times, as we are marked as an essential business so won’t close during lockdowns;.
- Coffee, tea, fruit and water available in store;
- The chance to build, lead and be part of an ambitious retail team in a new market;
- Personal development and opportunities as we grow as a brand.
What you'll do…
- Work in multiple London sites - embedded into store-front teams to inspire, educate and improve dispensing performance including sales, adjustments and in-store assembly and repairs;
- Temporary cover as acting Store Manager to cover for SM annual leave or sickness as reasonably required;
- Be responsible for the onboarding and technical training of London retail staff including communicating details of new product launches to store teams;
- Support each Store Manager by identifying the technical and communication training needs of every Retail Assistant (RA);
- Supervise the use and maintenance of in store laboratory and handheld equipment ensuring correct equipment use, cleaning, maintenance and servicing;
- Monitor uncut lens stock levels in stores to ensure adequate supplies are available for SDS and In-Store Production use;
- Ensure QC checks are correctly and accurately performed on SDS and incoming orders;
- Liaising with HQ and CX departments to validate and approve online prescription orders where needed.
- a GOC-registered Dispensing Optician with ABDO membership and insurance
- Have a minimum of 4 years work experience in a busy UK retail optical setting
- have at least 1 year experience working as an optical store manager or assistant store manager
- be confident with operating modern in-store glazing equipment
- be self motivated with strong organisational skills
- be enthusiastic and able to inspire and guide others
- be prepared to work flexibly in multiple London and occasional country-wide locations.
You will also be performing
- Weekly KPI review with Regional Manager, Head Optometrist and London Regional Optometrist;
- Monthly monitoring of NPS scores for each store;
- Monthly review of RA training needs and development;
- Gap identification in knowledge and target training as required;
- Monthly review of Quality Check documents to assess returns and errors from each location;
- Observe and discuss 3-way handover communications by Optoms and RAs;
- Monthly strategic goal review meetings with RM, HO and LRO to improve staff performance in each store.
- Are a GOC-registered Dispensing Optician with ABDO membership and insurance;
- Have a minimum of 4 years work experience in a busy UK retail optical setting;
- Have at least 1 year experience working as an optical store manager or assistant store manager;
- Be confident with operating modern in-store glazing equipment;
- Be self motivated with strong organisational skills;
- Be enthusiastic and able to inspire and guide others;
- Be prepared to work flexibly in multiple London and occasional country-wide locations.
Ace & Tate is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment for all current and potential employees.