Architectural Design Intern
Amsterdam HQ /
HQ | Internships – Internships /
Ace & Tate is growing fast and is constantly opening new stores. We are currently looking for an Architectural design Intern to join the Retail Expansion team. Within this team you will work closely with the Retail Design team including our in-house Architect and the project team to ensure we open our new stores in a timely manner.
The position is full-time and directly available at our headquarter office in Amsterdam.
- Coordinating with the architectural team on site surveys, layout studies, preparation of plans, elevations, sections and details for smooth translation of design into technical drawings.
- Taking some action on field measurements and documents existing building conditions to develop or modify base plans for a new project
- Researches codes and products.
- Request for landlord criteria, building codes and local building department requirements
- Coordinate in-house team meetings and attends construction meetings with project architect
- Take ownership in contractors’ submittals and shop drawings to determine if they meet contract specification and are in line with our standards
- Prepares submittals for return to contractor
- Assists project architect with fundamental management tasks such as (budget) and schedule
- Assists project architect during the construction process
- Assists with setting up templates and presentation decks
- Assists retail designer with architectural solutions and input
- Applying project management skills to ensure timely completion of design reviews by accurately tracking project status, documentation, and related communications
- Are in your final year or recently graduated in Architecture, Interior Design or other relevant studies
- Experienced with Vectorworks 2D (preferred 2D and 3D)
- Experienced with Sketchup or similar 3D programs
- Experienced with Adobe suits (Photoshop, Indesign)
- Have a sharp eye for detail (friends might call it OCD, for us it's an asset)
- Curious about the operation of Retail design and understanding Retail needs. (e.g. clearances, customer journeys, OPS)
- Are a team player.
- Enthusiastic and adaptive to responding to project challenges with innovative solutions.
- Are able to translate ideas into reality taking the practicalities and budgets into account
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- German,Dutch or French speaker is a plus
- Situated in the Netherlands, preferred Amsterdam.
- Will be working partly remote (due to covid).
We offer you...
- The chance to be part of an ambitious and international team
- A broad scope of responsibilities
- Lots of learning on the job and personal development
- €500,- monthly internship fee
- 10 holidays per 6 months
- An update to your eyewear collection!
Are you interested and do you recognise yourself in this profile? Please submit your CV and cover letter with a portfolio PDF and/or website via the form below. We look forward to telling you more about our exciting plans!