Architectural Design Intern
HQ | Internships – Internships
Ace & Tate is a growing company and always looking for new people who share our passion for design. We are currently looking for a talented and enthusiastic Architectural Design Intern who wants to be part of the rapid expansion of our Amsterdam based eyewear brand.
The position is full-time and available immediately for at least 6 months.
- Reporting directly to the retail design manager
- Ace & Tate designs stores both in-house and in collaboration with external design agencies - you will be working on both type of projects
- Involved in all steps of the design process, with a focus on technical and 3D drawings (research, briefings, moodboards, layout, visualisations till the detailed final design package)
- Translating DWG plans, to 3D sketch up files, and sketch up files to DWG plans
- Assisting the retail designer in her daily tasks; preparing meetings, moodboards, following up on design communication, ordering samples etc.
- Preparing design presentations for both internal decision-making as external briefing
- Coordinating with the architectural team for smooth translation of design into technical drawings
- Researching details, checking drawings and making sure the Ace & Tate quality is consistent in everything we do
- Working in a high pace environment with the opportunity to travel abroad
- Working independently, but are part of the young and ambitious retail expansion team
- Up to date on the latest and greatest trends in the field of design and retail innovation
- Part of the next generation Ace & Tate stores across Europe
- Are in your final year or recently graduated in Architecture, Interior Design or other relevant studies
- Are a team player
- Have a love for Auto cad, Vectorworks & Sketch up
- Have a sharp eye for detail (friends might call it OCD, for us it's an asset)
- Have a love for interior, architecture, design and art
- Are not afraid to work in a high-pressure environment
- Are able to work independently but are not afraid to ask questions
- Are very structured, organised and a good planner
- Are able to translate ideas into reality taking the practicalities and budgets into account
- Preferably live in or near Amsterdam, or are willing to relocate for the period of your internship
We offer you...
- The chance to be part of an ambitious and international team
- Experience in a vibrant international start-up company
- A broad scope of responsibilities
- A lot of learning on the job and personal development
- €500,- monthly internship fee
- 10 holidays per 6 months
- Free daily lunch, snacks, coffee and Friday Drinks
- Continuously update your eyewear collection
Are you interested and do you recognise yourself in this profile? Please submit your CV and cover letter with a portfolio PDF and/or website via the form below. We look forward to telling you more about our exciting plans!