Promotion Manager, Marketplace
Toronto, ON /
Operations – Marketplace Operations /
Achievers delivers an Employee Success Platform™ that enables social recognition, which dramatically increases employee engagement and drives business success. Designed specifically to meet the needs of today’s workplace, it empowers employees to recognize each other in real time and aligns them to the goals of the company. With more than 5,000,000 annual recognitions, the Platform inspires brilliant performance in 110 countries. Visit us at www.achievers.com to learn more and join us in our mission to change the way the world works.
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic e-commerce promotion expert with proven experience in driving order volume growth through promotion tactics and customer data insights. This role will support the Achievers global Marketplace Operations team by spearheading our promotion strategy. This role will drive action across the team and customer accounts to maximize redemptions, prioritize promotion-centric investments, drive increased margins and profitability. At Achievers, our software delivers a powerful new way for companies to engage, recognize, and reward employees enabling remarkable business success. Every day. Supporting the rewards component of the business, there is great brand positioning in the market with the opportunity to grow our global Marketplace catalogue and drive continued adoption across customers current and future. This is the perfect time to establish robust promotion strategies, incorporating data analytics to assess performance and forecasting to drive continued growth. Our Marketplace experience may be continuously enhanced and refined through cross-departmental drivers, promotions, and reward supplier opportunities. These serve as the primary focal points of the role, backed by data to assess effectiveness.
We hire ambitious professionals who thrive on their entrepreneurial spirit and want to Change the Way the World Works. As Achievers employees, we are passionate about disruptive technology, welcome constant change, and understand the value of employee success in the workplace. We enjoy coming to work every day because we believe in our product and L.O.V.E. our culture. Achievers is more than just a software company; we are industry leaders in the HR space.
Scope of Position:
We’re looking for an expert who can deeply understand our customers, our product, and our Marketplace to create strategies that effectively drive redemptions through the Achievers platform, worldwide, using eCommerce promotion/engagement and project management tactics. Directly supporting the Marketplace Operations team, this role will work closely with team members to identify, influence, and negotiate promotion opportunities with our reward suppliers. Additionally, collaboration with our Product organization, and other cross-functional teams is expected, working collaboratively within a global, matrixed and fast-paced environment to deliver successful outcomes. Strong communication and organization skills are essential to this role. We’re a high growth software company; we execute high quality deliverables under tight deadlines. The candidate must be agile to create and execute strategies that capitalize on changing market conditions and integrate new market data that is generated.
· Measured against aggressive revenue targets, responsible for the end-to-end planning, scheduling, management, and success of all promotions taking place within the Marketplace, globally.
· Develop and maintain in-depth Achievers reward supplier knowledge and global differentiators.
· Ensure the organization is prepared to market promotion opportunities across current and future customers.
· Create informational/directional documentation for internal/external use (presentation, guides, etc.).
· Research, build and recommend strategies to drive localized product margin growth and partnership performance, driving global consistency while supporting business objectives.
· Work with our Development team to design and execute upon integral promotion UX strategies.
· Work with our Product Marketing team to generate supporting promotion material with a global mindset.
· Own the promotion engagement function of the Marketplace Operations team and address any related questions both internally and externally.
· Effectively lead cross-departmental stakeholders to collaborate, manage needs, set up teams for success, and execute.
· Provide timely, clear and consistent communication, reporting to key stakeholders on promotion status, key highlights, and financials.
· Work with our Customer Success team and key stakeholders to ensure each campaign is successful and hits planned targets.
· Support ad-hoc requests including but not limited to product campaign efficacy and RFP support.
Analysis and Action
· Work with our data team to collect, analyze and manage quantitative data and to create meaningful reports to measure promotion success and opportunity.
· Analyze our Marketplace/customers for revenue drivers; isolate strength, weakness, opportunity, threats.
· Gather feedback on promotions or promotion-related material, iterate for ongoing improvement.
· Draw inferences and conclusions from promotion data to identify trends and anomalies. Create models to propose go-forward strategy that support key department revenue targets.
· Utilize redemption analytics to draw insights on Marketplace product suppliers/opportunities.
· Utilize analytics to draw insights on redemption patterns to promote higher catalogue utilization/margin.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
· 5+ years’ related promotion experience (online/eCommerce promotion experience an asset)
· An understanding of promotion material and tactics best suited for both desktop and mobile engagement
· Track record of success against measurable goals, targets, or quotas.
· Knowledge and experience with dashboard tools, Power BI and Tableau an asset
· Experience in Excel (conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
· Experience using and implementing eCommerce applications with a promotion focus
· Experience with cross-channel marketing platforms (i.e. Iterable)
· Experience working with marketing and digital content creation
· Experience with project management principles and ability to prioritize work per greatest business impact
· Strong communication, negotiation, influencing and conflict resolution abilities
· Ability to understand technical aspects of software functions
· Independent self-starter with a sense of urgency, proven results and solution-oriented
· Motivated with a strong focus on execution, process, documentation and metrics
· Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense
· Ability to work through complex and ambiguous situations
· Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
· Effective communication and presentation skills with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
· Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
As Achievers employees, we are passionate about disruptive technology, welcome constant change, and understand the value of employee success in the workplace. We enjoy coming to work every day because we believe in our product and love our culture. Achievers is more than just a software company; we are industry leaders in the HR space.
Our headquarters are conveniently located in Liberty Village, close to bars, shops and restaurants and are highly accessible by TTC and GO Transit.
We have been recognized in numerous publications for our contributions to HR, for technical excellence and for our outstanding workplace culture:
Achievers is ranked as number 32 on the list of Top 50 Best Workplaces in Canada.
Achievers has been recognized on the 2020 list of Best Workplaces™ for Women in Canada
Achievers has been recognized on the 2020 list of Best Workplaces™ for Inclusion
Achievers has been named one of the Top 10 Employee Recognition Solution Providers Globally
Achievers does not offer employment to prospects without first ensuring that qualified candidates speak directly with the hiring manager and a member of our HR team. All qualification will be done face-to-face, whether that is in person or over Zoom. Achievers does not send out offers of employment without meeting candidates and does not offer employment via text. If you are requested for any personal information via text and/or without having met a member of our hiring team in person, please disregard.
Our employees are a diverse and inclusive team of passionate, hardworking individuals. Achievers is committed to creating an environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply to join our A-Player family. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.