Principal Architect, Business Systems
Toronto, ON /
Operations – Business Operations /
Achievers delivers an Employee Success Platform™ which dramatically increases employee engagement and drives business success. Designed specifically to meet the needs of today’s workplace, it empowers employees to recognize each other in real time and aligns them to the goals of the company. With more than 5,000,000 annual recognitions, the Platform inspires brilliant performance in 110 countries. Visit us at www.achievers.com to learn more and join us in our mission to change the way the world works.
Achievers is looking for a Principal Architect, Internal Business Systems to join our A-mazing Operations Team! We’re looking for someone who can translate complex business problems into elegant technical solutions across multiple functions and critical business systems across our global business. Reporting to the COO, this person will lead the strategic business and technical vision through to an effective enterprise architecture road map for our critical business systems and processes. The Principal business Architect will also lead a team of system administrators and business analysts to ensure systems are working efficiently and effectively together to solve for business challenges and can provide the required reporting, analytics and visualization to support our day-to-day operations.
- Overall systems Architecture and integration framework between primary business systems (Salesforce, NetSuite, Telus Elements & Achievers Platform).
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Partner with Corporate IT & Engineering in the development of our internal data strategy (Data Lake) as well as framework and roadmap for reporting, analytics and data visualization to support day to day business operations (Using Tableau) Build and maintain a roadmap for systems enhancement/refresh efforts in alignment with internal business transformation efforts to support scalable global growth. Develop business cases, selection and management of required 3rd party consultancies for critical business systems to expedite enhancement and transformation efforts.
- Work with department leaders, operational support teams, IT/Infrastructure teams as well as project teams to resolve technical design, implementation or operational technology issues
- Utilize Agile methodologies to streamline work processes and realize cost and resource efficiencies
- Build, manage and develop cross functional internal team of system administration, data and BI and analytics Specialists.
- Participate in program, project planning and special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related discipline
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience designing complex, integrated solutions
- 5+ years of management experience required
- Technical experience and sound background in a progressive manner showing competence in systems analysis, business analysis and expertise in ERP systems such as Salesforce and NetSuite
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Demonstrated time and project management skills. Demonstrated knowledge of effective leadership and management principles and practices
As Achievers employees, we are passionate about disruptive technology, welcome constant change, and understand the value of employee success in the workplace. We enjoy coming to work every day because we believe in our product and love our culture. Achievers is more than just a software company; we are industry leaders in the HR space.
Our headquarters are conveniently located in Liberty Village, close to bars, shops and restaurants and are highly accessible by TTC and GO Transit.
We have been recognized in numerous publications for our contributions to HR, for technical excellence and for our outstanding workplace culture:
Achievers is ranked as number 32 on the list of Top 50 Best Workplaces in Canada.
Achievers has been recognized on the 2020 list of Best Workplaces™ for Women in Canada
Achievers has been recognized on the 2020 list of Best Workplaces™ for Inclusion
Achievers has been named one of the Top 10 Employee Recognition Solution Providers Globally
Achievers does not offer employment to prospects without first ensuring that qualified candidates speak directly with the hiring manager and a member of our HR team. All qualification will be done face-to-face, whether that is in person or over Zoom. Achievers does not send out offers of employment without meeting candidates and does not offer employment via text. If you are requested for any personal information via text and/or without having met a member of our hiring team in person, please disregard.
Our employees are a diverse and inclusive team of passionate, hardworking individuals. Achievers is committed to creating an environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply to join our A-Player family. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.