Senior Software Engineer - Remote, Canada Wide
Toronto, ON /
Engineering – Listen /
Achievers delivers an Employee Success Platform™ which dramatically increases employee engagement and drives business success. Designed specifically to meet the needs of today’s workplace, it empowers employees to recognize each other in real time and aligns them to the goals of the company. With more than 5,000,000 annual recognitions, the Platform inspires brilliant performance in 110 countries. Visit us at www.achievers.com to learn more and join us in our mission to change the way the world works.
Achievers is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team! We are looking for a fun-loving, passionate, and collaborative individual with a passion for building world-class software to join our engineering team. You are positive thinking, solution focused, and find opportunities instead of problems. You want to take ownership over your work and make challenging architecture decisions. Most importantly, you value team work, learning from failure, and innovation.
- Develop, release, and maintain new product features
- Collaborate with your colleagues, engage in design/architecture discussions, and share your ideas
- Be curious and inquisitive-about everything
- Live in Github creating pull requests, reviewing code, merging branches, and generally be a great team player by seeking
- out and providing feedback
- Innovate by participating in hackathons or creating your own repos to push initiatives important to you and your team
- Use the right tool for the job; we love modern technology and use things like Symfony, Composer, React, Sphinx, Vagrant,
- Docker, RabbitMQ, and more
- Continuously integrate clean, scalable, robust, testable code
- Have a chance to ship code daily - yes, daily
- Work with other talented engineers and designers to prototype and test your ideas
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Masters in Computer Science(preferred) or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working with a multidiscipline team (Product Management, Design, QA, Operations, and Developers)
- Willingness to learn new emerging technologies and keep up with the latest frameworks and APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As Achievers employees, we are passionate about disruptive technology, welcome constant change, and understand the value of employee success in the workplace. We enjoy coming to work every day because we believe in our product and love our culture. Achievers is more than just a software company; we are industry leaders in the HR space.
Our headquarters are conveniently located in Liberty Village, close to bars, shops and restaurants and are highly accessible by TTC and GO Transit.
We have been recognized in numerous publications for our contributions to HR, for technical excellence and for our outstanding workplace culture:
Achievers is ranked as number 32 on the list of Top 50 Best Workplaces in Canada.
Achievers has been recognized on the 2020 list of Best Workplaces™ for Women in Canada
Achievers has been recognized on the 2020 list of Best Workplaces™ for Inclusion
Achievers has been named one of the Top 10 Employee Recognition Solution Providers Globally
Achievers does not offer employment to prospects without first ensuring that qualified candidates speak directly with the hiring manager and a member of our HR team. All qualification will be done face-to-face, whether that is in person or over Zoom. Achievers does not send out offers of employment without meeting candidates and does not offer employment via text. If you are requested for any personal information via text and/or without having met a member of our hiring team in person, please disregard.
Our employees are a diverse and inclusive team of passionate, hardworking individuals. Achievers is committed to creating an environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply to join our A-Player family. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.