Senior Product Manager - Core Analytic Application & Data Products
San Francisco, CA /
About the Role
Aclima is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager with excellent product sense to lead our core analytic application and data products. You’ll set the strategic course of the product area to delight our customers, design for the needs of future ones, and deliver with focused execution in a highly dynamic environment. You’ll be bringing new user experiences and category creating products to market. You’ll get to work alongside a brilliant team of designers, front-end and platform developers, data scientists, atmospheric scientists, operations and hardware engineers. You’ll work in a complex environment with multi-sided audiences, a high bar for scientific rigor, and the opportunity to drive social change for good.
Aclima is pioneering an entirely new way to diagnose the health of our air and track climate-changing pollution. Powered by our network of roving and stationary sensors, Aclima measures air pollution and greenhouse gases at unprecedented scales and with block-by-block resolution. Our professional analytics software, Aclima Pro, translates billions of scientific measurements into environmental intelligence for governments, companies, and communities. Our free app, air.health, maps address-level air and climate insights for the communities we serve. Aclima is a purpose-driven technology company catalyzing bold climate action that protects public health, reduces emissions, and delivers clean air for all.
Aclima is one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World and #1 in Data Science, Inc Magazine’s Best in Business, a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a WEF Technology Pioneer, and one of the top 100 companies in GovTech for 2022. Aclima is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Portland and Brooklyn. To learn more visit https://aclima.io.
- Deeply understand the needs of our customers and evangelize their voices internally, keeping the organization closely connected to their challenges and goals.
- Define & manage the product strategy for our core analytic application & data products (eg. pollutant source indicators), including the product roadmap and feature specifications to achieve it.
- Be accountable for the full product life-cycle from concept inception, execution, go-to-market launch, success measurement and iteration.
- Partner closely with Founders, Engineering, Growth, Design and other teams across Aclima to shape the product in a way that delights users, meets business objectives and ladders up to the company vision.
- Champion the product externally with customers, prospects and partners to drive interest, understanding, engagement and success.
- Drive product best practices to help the development organization to execute.
- Proven – 5+ years of product management experience, with a track record of delivering high-impact software products and success working with front-end teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit – ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, start-up environment, possessing the grit and creativity to get the job done
- Excellent communication skills – a top 1% communicator with demonstrated mastery of written, presentation and verbal skills
- Operate at all levels – ability to quickly move from product strategy down to execution details like managing scope, writing user stories, interpreting usage stats, and testing for acceptance criteria.
- Team player – a collaborative and approachable teammate who builds trusting relationships and can influence the team to deliver extraordinary results
- Customer obsessive – demonstrated passion to learn our domain, empathize with our users and translate this knowledge into clear product requirements
- Data-informed decision maker – know how to get and analyze data to make business decisions, balancing thoughtful research with the need for timeliness
- Bonus: experience working on analytics or geo-spatial oriented SaaS products, or experience in B2G domains
Please know that you can be a great candidate even if you don't have everything we've described above. You might also possess important skills and experience we haven't considered. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself (especially in your cover letter- this is where you can really shine).
The base salary range for this full-time exempt position if located in the SF Bay Area, New York City, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, or Seattle metro region is $129,000 - $175,000 + equity + benefits. For all other regions, the range is $105,000 - $155,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location, and are informed by current market data provided by Carta Total Comp.
Within those ranges, individual pay is determined by exact region and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. The Hiring Manager can share more about the specific salary range for your geographic region during the hiring process. Employee must continue to reside within 90 miles of location used to determine starting salary, otherwise Aclima reserves the right to make regional adjustments to pay.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this role. Also be prepared to show off your track record of success and convince us why you’re especially qualified.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aclima is committed to diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and has proudly made the Kapor Capital Founders' Commitment. Aclima provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aclima complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities. Full-time position only. Out of area candidates will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
Aside from the fulfillment of working alongside world-class colleagues to make a positive impact in people’s lives, while improving planetary and public health, Aclima offers competitive compensation, equity potential, and excellent benefits. Benefits include medical/dental/vision/Life/AD&D/LTD, 401K, commuter and wellness credits, company events, and an extraordinary culture.