Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
A Cloud Guru is the world's leading provider of online IT education. We focus on providing high-quality, affordable and engaging on-demand video courses to hundreds of thousands of professionals. We help our students learn new skills, gain valuable industry certifications, and excel in their careers.
It’s an exciting time at A Cloud Guru - we recently eclipsed 600,000 students, raised an additional $2M of funding in May, and we're now focusing on building out our B2B feature set and product offering. We have ambitious goals for the year ahead and we need a UX Designer to join our team to help deliver an exciting new greenfield product.
What we are looking for
Your mission as a UX Designer is to help deliver amazing products by crafting outstanding user experiences for our customers. Your role as a UX Designer will see you to working closely with a product manager and others outside your team to deliver for the customers and our business.
You're someone that enjoys taking ownership of problems and working to deliver projects including non-technical delivery. You enjoy playing a part in championing user experience and guiding others in the team.
You're also a creative and open-minded person that really loves what they do and takes pride in their work supporting the team. Being able to collaborate with others on projects is as important to us as your ability as a designer.
From the get go, you'll have to be proficient with:
- Helping craft user interfaces as part of a cross-functional design team
- Working with a product manager during product discovery to turn ideas into designs and prototypes
- Prototyping solutions with wireframes. The ability to develop interactive wireframes is
- Familiar with visual design techniques such as hierarchy, balance, alignment and repetition
- Creating an Information architecture that is easily usable and navigable for our users
- Design tools such as Sketch or Photoshop
Our wish list
We value continuous learning - it's a core part of why we exist. We would love if you have experience with the following, but it's not essential.
You just need to have a passion for learning and be open to becoming acquainted with:
• Working with a product manager conduct user research in order to understand customer needs and inform product design
• Validating designs through usability testing
• How design impacts upon product marketing and content strategy
• Optimising the conversion of landing pages and user onboarding flows
If that all sounds a bit daunting, don't let it stop you from applying.
As a training provider we strongly believe in giving people the opportunity to learn – in fact we encourage it! We know that supporting you and investing in your development so that you can be an effective part of our team...well it’s just good business sense!
Working with us
Our people matter to us. We know everyone has family and friends and for that reason our employees receive 5 weeks of leave each year. We understand that time away from work is important and we know well-rested and well-rounded people make better decisions...and ultimately are more productive when at work!
We pay commensurate with experience and we make sure you’re looked after.
Our team is spread across the globe - mainly the US and Australia. Our engineers and designers work together out of our office in Melbourne, Australia.
For this position we will need you to join our team in our offices on Queen Street, Melbourne. We prefer hands on collaboration so this position is not available for remote workers. Unfortunately we're unable to sponsor people into Australia at this time.
We are a fast-growing team with big ambitions. We need people who can help us build a solid foundation for the future. If you want to make a difference in a fast-growing team, now is the time to join.