Senior Business Analyst (UK)
London Office /
Reporting directly to the Principal Analyst, the Senior Business Analyst provides strategic business analysis services to various stakeholders in the UK for both ACORD Solutions Group and ACORD. Responsibilities will include requirements gathering from business users and liaising with a variety of stakeholders to assess and develop a design to turn into detailed business and functional requirements. Other responsibilities will include assisting on more complex projects related to business functions that impact ACORD and/or ACORD Solutions Group.
*Extensive experience in the London Market Insurance scene essential
- Define business analysis requirements and configuration specifications.
- Analyze, research, and present using various sources and techniques, solutions to complex commercial insurance software functions.
- Own and develop a relationship with internal and external partners, working with them to optimize and enhance features, functions, and integration to third party services.
- Help design business processes.
- Communicate key insights, market developments and findings to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborates closely with Technical and Business Architecture resources to create standards that meet the target requirements.
- Creates project documentation and provides training as needed.
- Developing project plans, scope of work, timelines to ensure projects are delivered to specifications and on-time.
- Develops and executes test plans against the business requirements.
- Elicit and clearly document business requirements through facilitated discussions with the stakeholders.
- Helps solicit and define Use Cases to articulate user requirements.
- Helps to address member inquiries and related support requests.
- Leads and /or participates in multiple projects through its life cycle to define daily priorities, completing and updating project documentation, following proper escalation paths, and ensuring timely delivery of tasks and milestones.
- Provides support for the development of standards by working closely with key stakeholders to understand business goals and define the scope for supporting activities.
- Supports and aligns efforts to meet customer and business needs.
- Works as a liaison between IT, Architecture, and the Operation areas to identify key business processes and optimization.
- Abides by ACORD’s code of conduct and all policies and procedures.
Education & Essential Skills
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Five plus years working as a Business/Systems Analyst in the London Insurance Market (Brokers, Carriers, or Service Providers)
- Experience working on projects relating to policy administration systems and/or placing platforms.
- Messaging experience (ACORD, EDI or any other commonly known London Market messaging standard)
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions which are presented as business process diagrams, entity life histories and user journeys.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office Tools especially Word and Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Additional Experience/Skills a Plus on:
- ACORD messaging experience
- Familiarity with XML and/or JSON technologies
- Working knowledge of UML diagrammatic techniques
- Involvement in a placing related project a plus