Housekeeper - 2nd Shift - Main Library
Fort Wayne, IN /
Main Library – Environmental Services /
"Enriching the community through lifelong learning and discovery"
Do you want to accomplish important things in and for our community? Do you believe that libraries can change lives? If so, join our team of dedicated, passionate individuals. Excellent customer service is the number one priority for all ACPL positions. At ACPL, we believe that every staff member plays a key role in delivering top quality service to the residents of Allen County. We are seeking individuals who are interested in helping ACPL further our mission of enriching the community through lifelong learning and discovery.
The Environmental Services Housekeeper performs standard custodial and cleaning duties in Library buildings, facilities and adjacent grounds; interacts with and provides standard information to the public.
The work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 1:00pm to 9:30pm.
Uniforms are provided.
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting pay is between $11 - $14 per hour and up based on experience.
- Comprehensive benefit package - including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account
- Cumulative sick leave
- Library-paid retirement fund
- Two-weeks vacation
- Deferred compensation plan (457b)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Variety of voluntary insurance plans
- Wellness bonus opportunity and program including a free subscription the Headspace App
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Uniforms provided
- Free parking
- Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment and stamina to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
- Valid driver's license
This position will remain open until filled.
You will be asked to upload a resume with this application.
Everyone belongs at the Allen County Public Library. We are on a mission to recognize, cultivate, and celebrate diversity. We offer collections, services, programs, assistance, and spaces that enrich and reflect our community. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive workforce and establishing ourselves as a communal space of respect, safety, and service. All are welcome to pursue lifelong learning and discovery at ACPL regardless of identity, origin, ability, religion, race, culture, socioeconomic status, age, or other differences.
The Allen County Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.