Associate Roles - Register Your Interest
Investment Professional – Energy/Long Life Infrastructure /
Actis is a leading global investor in sustainable infrastructure. We deliver consistent, competitive returns, responsibly, through insights gained from trusted relationships, local knowledge and deep sector expertise. Founded in 2004, we have an unparalleled heritage in growth markets, set within a culture of active ownership. We have raised US$25bn since inception and employ over 300 people, including a team of c. 130 investment professionals, working across 18 offices globally. Our investors' capital is at work in c. 100 companies around the world, employing over 120,000 people.
Actis is proud to actively and positively grow the value of those companies in which it invests and in so doing contribute to broader society, and the firm employs Responsible Investment teams that are dedicated to implementing best practices from an Environmental, Social and Governance perspective with each of its investments.
Actis is a signatory to the United Nations backed Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI), an investor initiative developed by the UNEP FI and the UN Global Compact. The firm has been awarded the highest rating score, A* for the fourth consecutive year in the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) independent assessment. Actis was recently named 2020 Private Equity Manager of the Year and also won the 2020 climate change impact project/investment of the year both by Environmental Finance.
Our core values are:
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST TO BE PART OF THE NEXT ASSOCIATE CLASS
Purpose of Role
Working as a key member in one of our Actis investment teams, the Associate Role supports on all stages of the investment cycle. This is a hands-on role and requires an understanding, background and genuine desire to drive best in class performance. Associates work on all deal related activities, including financial modelling, investment analysis and preparing investment committee presentations etc. and assist a deal leader in all aspects of transaction origination, execution and asset management. This is permanent role with potential career progression in Actis subject to performance.
Working within an investment team to ensure the greatest impact on value for Actis and its’ investors. Assignments include:
- Origination and Deal Execution
- Support sector mapping to expand pipeline of deal opportunities
- Create financial models to evaluate investment opportunities
- Conduct due diligence in support of transactions under the direction of the senior investment team including, but not limited to, market and financial and technical due diligence.
- Prepare project documentation including screening memos, investment committee memos and updates under the supervision of investment manager
- Identify areas of transaction risk and potential mitigation strategies, as part of the deal team
- Summarise, interpret and present material in an accurate and convincing manner to a deal team and Investment Committee
- Assist investment manager in all matter related to the deal closing, including deal documentation, finance documentation and structuring. Actively contribute to sector initiatives, become knowledge base of sector insight and expertise
- Assist the investment manager with portfolio/asset management of assigned project(s), including initiatives such as debt financing, operational improvement initiatives, management recruitment, and exit planning
- Prepare quarterly investment reports and valuation reports for projects for review of investment manager
- Actively contribute to sector initiatives, become knowledge base of sector insight and expertise
- Work in partnership with global specialists (e.g. Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance) and sector teams
- Additional activities include participation in Actis wide projects or initiatives (where participation is valued) and building effective networks with peers
- Experience within a private equity firm, investment bank, or top tier management consulting environment at Associate level
- Interest and/or exposure to investments in hard assets
- English language written and oral skills
- MBA from a top business school /Qualified Chartered Accountant beneficial but not mandatory
- Strong analytical skills, including financial modelling, valuation
- Proactive, self-starter; ability to conduct detailed sector analysis with limited supervision
- Highly organised and focused
- Project management and ability to drive initiatives through to completion
- Excellent research, writing and communication skills
- Collaborate effectively with others, including senior managers and external parties
- Strategic, analytic and numeric thinking capability
- Strong communicator with an ability to influence others in a positive way
You can learn more about Actis at www.act.is