Sustainability Internship - Engineering
Engineering – Engineering /
Our Vision is to deliver the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real-time business insights at a fraction of the cost of our competitors. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
We are looking for interns to join us for our 2023 Summer Internship Program! This 12-week program is set to begin June 5th, so if you are looking for an incredible opportunity to partner with the best and brightest minds in the industry, apply today. This program has been designed with our interns in mind and includes structured learning plans, a dedicated buddy, and a focused capstone project that you will have the opportunity to present in our Internship Showcase!
We are seeking a motivated and passionate intern to join our engineering team. As an intern, you will have the unique opportunity to contribute to the design of our innovative data platform while actively defining and supporting our sustainability projects. This role will allow you to gain valuable insights into corporate and government mandates and initiatives relating to sustainability within a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Research: Review and summarize government initiatives and mandates relating to sustainability in Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas.
- Sustainability Integration: Collaborate with our development team to identify sustainability features which could be integrated into our data platform, ensuring it supports and promotes environmentally friendly practices and responsible resource management.
- Data Analysis: Conduct research and analysis to identify key sustainability metrics and indicators relevant to our industry and customer base. Use data analysis techniques to evaluate the environmental impact of our platform and propose actionable insights for improvement.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, user experience designers, and engineers, to ensure sustainability considerations are integrated throughout the product development lifecycle. Actively engage with internal and external stakeholders to promote awareness and adoption of sustainable best practices.
- Passion for Sustainability: Genuine interest in environmental sustainability, climate change, and social responsibility. Enthusiasm for finding innovative solutions and making a positive impact on the world.
- Enrolled in a college or university.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
What It’s Like Interning with Us!
- Weekly Events— just because the internship is remote, doesn’t mean we don’t have time for fun! Last summer, we hosted an Actian tie-dye shirt event, tiny camp fire—complete with s’mores(!!!), a murder mystery party, and so much more.
- Time with Executives— Interns all get a chance to connect with our executive team through panel discussions, 1:1s, Q&A meetings, and events.
- Workshops & Tech Tuesday’s— Interns all participate in Tech Tuesday’s where they get to learn more about Actian specific technologies, as well as workshops geared towards new professionals.
- Opportunity to travel – we will be hosting a hybrid orientation! For those that are comfortable with being in person for orientation, we will fly you to our Austin, TX office.
$20 - $30 an hour
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.