Data Engineer - US Remote
Information Technology (IT) – Network and IT Systems /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
As an experienced Data Engineer, you know what it takes to deliver high quality data solutions to an enterprise. Skilled in sourcing, extracting, transforming, and loading data, you can translate business designs into database models. You understand the value and benefit of solid data practices. You enjoy exploring and get excited about learning new technologies and learning in a collaborative environment. You implement best practices when writing code and scripts for automation.
- Develop a variety of data workflows, pipelines, and ETL processes using cloud platform products and internal integration tools, including Actian Avalanche
- Develop data quality and governance automations to ensure the accuracy and quality of the data through inspection, validation, processing, anomaly detection and auto-corrections
- Translate design specification into working modules with a hands-on approach in the development of prototypes through iterative design
- Write and maintain efficient and reliable code
- Write technical documentation
- At least 5years of experience in Data management
- Advanced SQL scripting
- Knowledge of data transformation tools
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of any object-oriented programming language
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- A degree in computer science or similar background
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.