Senior Software Development Engineer (SQL Engine) - US - Remote
Engineering – Engineering /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
You will be part of the Actian Zen engineering team. Actian Zen is the NoSQL/SQL data store for Edge/IoT, web services, and traditional desktop applications.
- A minimum of 5 years software development experience.
- Experience with both C and C++
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proactive and good problem-solving skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively with cross-functional personnel.
- Comfortable with software-development process, including build, change management, unit testing, and working with QA team.
- Knowledge of data-management internals, including ISAM-like record store algorithms; relational database concepts, SQL language, syntax, and dialects (eg. SQL Server, Postgres); and relational data access methods (eg. ODBC, JDBC).
- Parser generator (such as yacc).
- POSIX networking.
- I18N, especially Japanese localization and string handling.
- Diverse experience with a variety of programming languages, development tools, and technology frameworks.
- Scripting languages (especially Python) and build systems.
- Technical leadership skills including product architecture guidance, product/project decision-making, balancing long- and short-term goals and development and testing process guidance.
- Work on complex problems, with minimal supervision, where analysis of the situation requires an in-dept evaluation of various factors.
- Create design specifications based on requirements for new or existing products.
- Implement and own major design or system components.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain existing software.
- Solve or recommend solutions to very complex issues and problems, including customer-reported problems.
- Exercise judgement within broadly defined practices in selecting methods and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Initiate the use of new technologies.
- Work effectively within a team environment and serve in a leadership role.
- Establish a course of action to deliver high-quality products on time.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.