Customer Success Engineer - Australia Remote
Services and Support – Customer Success /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
The Customer Success Engineer – West is responsible for managing customers through the Actian Avalanche adoption lifecycle and providing ongoing consultations about its use. With experience in driving data integration, data warehousing , and analytics initiatives, you ensure that you are driving best-in-class customer experiences by helping them to be successful, enthusiastic Avalanche advocates. Using customized programs, you will ensure Actian’s business and customer success goals are met in terms of onboarding, customer satisfaction, and product adoption.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of each customer’s initiatives to support their business goals based on their unique use cases and success criteria.
- Proactively develop strong relationships with customers as their trusted advisor throughout their entire lifecycle to create customer champions.
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews to consult on strategic initiatives, provide guidance on program strategy, and review training metrics.
- Holistically monitor customer health, product, support, services, and satisfaction.
- Ensure that all customer requests, support questions, issues, product, and company feedback are effectively managed and timely answered.
- Maintain effective communication with sales, support teams, cloud operations, engineering leaders, etc. assuring responsible parties are following up on issues and concerns with our clients.
- Advocate for the customer by sharing feedback internally with other departments, to improve processes and product offerings.
- 3+ years in a customer success or technical account management role, preferably in an enterprise SaaS environment.
- Proven ability to drive projects, collaborate with customers, and manage expectations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a broad range of external and internal teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time, prioritizing tasks to meet critical and sometimes changing deadlines in a startup-like environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent years of relevant experience required. Additional certifications in Project Management or related to cloud platforms are a plus.
- Understanding of enterprise-level information systems (ERP, CRM, etc.)
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools.
- Hands-on experience in the use, creation, analysis, and debugging of SQL queries and scripts.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with relational and large-scale analytics database technologies (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, Snowflake, Netezza, Teradata, Redshift, etc.)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g., PowerBI, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for big data processing (e.g., Hadoop, HBase)
- Experience with connectivity technology/protocols, JDBC, ODBC, .NET, Spark, JSON, etc.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g., Google Cloud Platform, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Experience supporting enterprise SaaS software.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
ATTENTION JOB SEEKERS: Please be aware of potential scams related to Actian job postings. We have been made aware of individuals impersonating Actian recruiters and asking for sensitive information, including banking details. Please note that any communications from Actian will come through our ATS, Lever, or from an email address with an Actian domain. If you are approached by email@example.com or an @gmail address, this is not legitimate. We encourage you to apply for roles only through https://www.actian.com/company/careers/. If you have any concerns or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.