Software Developer - US-Remote
Engineering – Engineering /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
Actian Business Xchange is a fully managed B2B invoicing service. As Sr Software Engineer you will be an important member of a mature, highly motivated team. You will be expected to help in the design and implementation of new features to enhance the platform, as well as maintain and improve existing ones. You will contribute to the design, build, and testing as well as shared code review and final deployment to ensure delivery of a high-quality offering. You will work closely with the BX team daily and will occasionally consult directly with customers or with other teams.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain existing platform
- Answer team inquiries, design and build solutions for customer enhancement requests
- Research, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve system issues and customer requests
- Track issues through to resolution, within agreed upon time limits
- Work with Support and Project management on Requirements gathering, testing, and deployment.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of knowledge documents, How-To content, and/or blog content
Must have Skills:
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- A strong customer centric mindset, including attitude, ethics, and approach.
- Excellent analysis, debugging, persistence in problem solving and proven troubleshooting skills
- Ability to quickly grasp and learn new technologies
- Willingness to learn expansive existing code base
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a remote setting and under own initiative
- Ability to work well within team; be a team player
The successful candidate will have knowledge or relevant work experience in the following programming languages or technologies:
- Visual Studio, ASP.NET, SSMS, .NET, Azure
- Creating and Consuming APIs
- Object-oriented programming, Basic UX And UI Concepts
- Creating Documentation - Customer Facing and Technical
- Test And Production Environments Concepts
The following skills will give the candidate an advantage over other candidates:
- cXML, EDI, XML
- Altova XmlSpy or Data Mapping, Using XSLT
- Builds and Deployments
- Procure to Pay Processes
- Background in logistics or oil and gas industry