Employee Experience Intern - Remote
People Team (Human Resources) – People Team (Human Resources) /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
We are looking for interns to join us for our 2022 Summer Internship Program! This 12-week program is set to being June 13th, so if you are looking for an incredible opportunity to partner with the best and brightest minds in the industry, apply today. This program has been designed with our interns in mind and includes structured learning plans, a dedicated buddy, and a focused capstone project that you will have the opportunity to present in our Internship Showcase!
What It’s Like Interning with Us!
Weekly Events— just because the internship is remote, doesn’t mean we don’t have time for fun! Last summer, we hosted an epic Lip Sync Battle, tiny camp fire—complete with smores(!!!), a murder mystery party, and so much more
Time with Executives— Interns all get a chance to connect with our executive team through panel discussions, 1:1s, Q&A meetings, and events
Workshops & Tech Tuesday’s— Interns all take part in Tech Tuesday’s where they get to learn more about Actian specific technologies, as well as workshops geared towards new professionals
The Employee Experience Intern will have a hands-on opportunity to impact Employee Engagement, Diversity & Inclusion, Onboarding, Employer Branding, and more. The Employee Experience Team is responsible for enabling our people to do their best work by cultivating experiences that are flexible, unique, and meaningful for each individual at every stage of their journey with Actian. For their capstone project, this intern will have the opportunity to change the face of how New Hire Onboarding is conducted here at Actian, as you will be focused on assisting the Sr Employee Experience Specialist with transitioning the existing Onboarding Program to an asynchronous model. If you are passionate about employee experience, have an aptitude for technology, and are looking to build your skills as a People Professional in modern and progressive ways, this role is for you!
- Support Employee Experience Team in the design, implementation, and transition of the New Hire Orientation Program to asynchronous format
- Become familiarized with Actian technology, culture, and values
- Assist in employer branding efforts
- Assist as needed in a variety of People Program Initiatives
Nice to haves:
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor undergraduate program with a preferred focus in functional area i.e. human resources, psychology, organizational development, or related concentration
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to deal professionally with internal customers of various organizational levels
- Basic problem solving and project management
- Natural comfort in presenting
- Must be actively enrolled in a college degree program
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.