Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
Round Rock, Texas /
Facilities and Office Administration – Facilities and Office Administration /
Actian is the leader in hybrid data management, cloud data warehouse, and data integration technology. Thousands of forward-thinking organizations around the globe like Bloomberg, Intuit, Lufthansa, and Citibank trust Actian to help them solve the toughest data challenges and transform how they run their businesses...with data.
Actian’s Austin office has been identified as one of the three Centers Of Excellence for the company and the only one in North America (the Other two are in Germany and India). The Austin Office Manager will be supporting the Austin office. The position will be primarily on-site.
Administrative Assistant / Office Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the front desk reception area of the office, including phone calls/voicemails
- Maintain appropriate levels of snacks and drinks in the café area, as well as office supplies
- Coordinate and work with local vendors to supply snacks and drinks for the café area
- Coordinate and work with building management for building level issues
- Coordinate and work with other local vendors as needed for items such as cleaning, plant maintenance, in-office recreation, etc.
- Manage lunches and happy hours, whether on or off site
- Assist in party/event planning and coordination
- Provide support for our travel booking management systems and administrative duties related to it
- Provide meeting coordination and management for group/collaboration meetings
- Coordinate office usage, potentially including managing hot desking and hoteling within the Austin Office
- Coordinate Austin site visits for other Actian visitors
- Receive and route mail; organize as needed
- Independent thinker – able to own projects and responsibilities with minimal oversight
- Effective time management skills – able to prioritize and balance tasks and projects
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Attention to detail – notices and acts on issues (e.g., building maintenance issues, leaks, low inventory, etc.)
- Extensive communication skills at multiple levels, including internal executives and staff, as well as external parties such as vendors and contractors
- Technical (computer) skills, with prior exposure to and confidence with Office 365, Zoom, Teams and other collaborative technologies; adaptable and able to learn new software systems