Senior Integration Test Engineer
Engineering – Engineering /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
The Lead Integration Test Engineer will provide architectural direction and implementation for testing end-to-end integration of Avalanche. They will lead creation and execution of test plans for validating system standards and requirements. The lead engineer will coordinate automation priorities across development, test engineering, CloudOps, and DevOps teams. They will mentor, train, and lead fellow team members and peers through test design and implementation decisions to achieve quality and reliability.
- Design and implement integration test plans for the Avalanche platform
- Develop and implement best practices to be used by other teams designed to increase quality
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security and high availability in the cloud
- Design, implement, and maintain automated tests
- Create User Acceptance Testing plans with Customer Experience, Customer Success, and Test Engineering teams
- Troubleshoot production issues and respond to after-hours escalations
- Verify and resolve configuration and other non-software related issues
- BS/BA, preferably in a technical or scientific field or equivalent experience
- 10 or more years of experience in test engineering and automation
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with one or more containers and container managers (Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernetes etc.)
- Experience with application integration (Salesforce, Pendo, AskNicely, etc.)
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, CaaS and IaaS
- Understanding of big data systems and applications
Nice To Have:
- Business Acumen
- "Big Picture" Thinker
- Effective Communication (verbal + written)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.