Software Engineer for Scala & Apache Spark (gn)
Germany - Remote
Engineering – Engineering /
At Actian we provide software solutions to seamlessly manage and connect our customers’ operational and analytic data for superior performance, insights, and business outcomes. Our company is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and has offices worldwide.
We offer a position as Software Engineer for Scala & Apache Spark (gn) with the opportunity to work on a cutting-edge data processing system. We are looking for team players that can work independently in a distributed team. Our focus is on high performance implementations; following an initial training period, this position demands personal knowledge, experience, and judgment to accomplish.
You will be part of our ActianX/Vector team, working with state-of-the-art technologies to create new tools and components that allow users to train, manage, and deploy Machine Learning models inside our Actian Data Platform. Your responsibilities will cover design and implementation challenges of team and individual projects. You will be responsible for driving and successfully completing and later maintaining your supervised projects.
- Design, implement and supervise new features as well as enhancements for the execution of Machine Learning pipelines in a database environment
- Deeply integrate our Vector engine and further assistance engines with Spark
- Create tests for and maintain the implemented functionality in our continuous integration management system
- Collaborate in a small team of engineers and researchers to build the future data processing platform
- Work with other teams to ensure production-level quality and support
- Cooperation with partners and customers on product development and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of Apache Spark’s internal architecture
- Highly proficient programming skills (Scala and Java)
- Good knowledge of database concepts and technology, including a working knowledge of SQL
- Master’s Degree in computer science or equivalent
- 2+ years of experiences in software development, e.g., during advanced academic studies or in a commercial setting
- Experience with standard ML libraries (e.g., Spark MLlib, TensorFlow), MLOps practices and tools
- Good knowledge of Linux, MacOS or Windows operating systems
- Knowledge in C and some scripting languages, e.g., bash or Python
- Creativity and team spirit
- As a growing technology company headquartered in Silicon Valley, with additional locations across the USA, Europe, Australia, and Asia, we present you with an appealing package of benefits. Join our team where employees are at the heart of our culture. We prioritize listening to and investing in our people. When you become part of our Actian family, you will enjoy:
- A success-oriented compensation package.
- Participation in our Company Social Responsibility (CSR) matching program, allowing you to make a positive impact.
- Achieve work-life balance with the option of working from the comfort of your home with flexible hours.
- Access to a Wellness, Sport & Meditation App to support your physical and mental well-being.
- A Buddy Onboarding Program to help you seamlessly integrate into our team.
- Top-notch work equipment to empower you in your role.
- Opportunities for work and travel within an international environment, broadening your horizons.
- Engage with colleagues through team events, trade fairs, and seasonal on-site company parties.
- Experience a workplace that offers great teams, exciting challenges, and a fun atmosphere.
Come be a part of a team where your growth and well-being matter!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.