Enterprise Sales Engineer [f|m|d] European Nordics Region
EMEA - Remote /
Sales – Sales Engineering /
Actian is at the head of this market disruption with the fastest data warehouse on the planet with a proven performance advantage of being 9x faster than the competitor. Actian is the market leader in providing a Hybrid Cloud Data Platform that includes data Integration, data management and analytics in a single easy to use solution deployed on AWS, Azure or Google.
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity as we shape this market.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer with a proven track record selling integration, analytics, data management solutions. This individual utilizes analytical database, BI/Analytics and integration skills to partner with the Sales team and function as the key technical point of contact for software deals, providing pre-sales support contributing towards the successful conversion of prospects to customers. A significant portion of the Sales Engineer role includes scoping, defining, and providing demonstrations and executing Proof-of-Concepts. This includes working with the customers and partners to gain an understanding of their business and its needs, mapping our offerings to those needs, and providing competitive analysis that assists with the successful positioning of our offerings.
This person has a broad range of skills and experience ranging from data architecture to ETL, security, performance analysis, and analytics. They will have the insight to make the connection between a customer’s specific business problems and Actian’s solution, the customer-facing skills to communicate that connection and vision to a wide variety of technical and executive audiences, and the technical skills to be able to provide consultative assistance on architecture and trusted technical advisor.
This person also shares our vision about reinventing the data platform and thrives in the dynamic environment. That means having the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get done what needs to be done to make Actian and our customers successful. It means keeping up to date on the ever-evolving technologies for data and analytics in order to be an authoritative resource for Actian and our customers. And it means working collaboratively with a broad variety of people both inside and outside the company.
What You Will Be Doing
- Be a technical guide on all aspects of Actian
- Collaborate with the Sales team to find and close new business opportunities
- Provide strategic pre-sales support for sales activities including needs analysis, technology review, requirements definition, and scoping
- Create and deliver world-class product presentations and demonstrations to meet prospect, customer, or internal needs
- Work with customers on proof-of-concept projects in a competitive environment
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Actian in relation to them
- Provide guidance on how to resolve customer-specific technical challenges
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Actian’s products and marketing.
- Researching companies and prospects to identify business issues and needs, and providing results of that research to customers to support our recommendations
- Become an expert in our products’ features, benefits, presentations, and application to customer needs
- Provide proactive support to customers and prospects with the goal of facilitating sales
- Establish and maintain positive customer relationships, and follow-up on opportunities
- Be the customer advocate and liaison for product management and development
- Other related duties as assigned
What You Bring to Actian
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in integration, databases, data warehouses, and data processing
- Extensive hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Experience and track record of success selling data and/or analytics software to enterprise customers; includes proven skills identifying key stakeholders, winning value propositions, and compelling events
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with relational and large-scale analytics database technology (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, Snowflake, Netezza, Teradata, etc.)
- Software development experience with C/C++ or Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash.
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. PowerBI, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience with connectivity technology, ODBC, Spark, JSON, etc.
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS and/or Azure Services
- Experience supporting enterprise SaaS software
- In addition to very good English skills, a Nordic foreign language is desired, ideally native speaker
As an expanding technology company with headquarter in Silicon Valley and further locations in the USA, Europe and Asia, we offer you an appealing overall package:
- Employee focused culture that listens and invests in our people
· A success-oriented compensation / fixed salary plus commission plan
· Company Social Responsibility (CSR) matching program
· Work-life balance in a home office with flexible working
· Wellness, Sport & Meditation App
· Buddy Onboarding-Program
· State-of-the-art work equipment
· Work & travel in an international environment
· Team events, trade fairs and seasonal on-site company parties
· Relocation package, if relocating from non-European countries
· Great teams, fabulous challenges, fun workplace
This position is not tied to any specific work location in the European Nordics regions, but proximity to an international airport is an advantage. Mobile working is state of the art at Actian in such a position and we trust your self-organization in the home office.
If you are interested, please send us your resume/CV. We will get to know you in different team constellations via video calls.
All qualified applicants have the same chance at Actian - regardless of origin, age, religion, skin colour, gender, disability, gender orientation or gender identity.
In order to provide equal opportunities for people with disabilities, please let us know if you need special assistance during the interview process.