Senior Business Application Analyst/Developer
Information Technology (IT) – Network and IT Systems /
Actian transforms business by simplifying how people connect, manage, and analyze data. We do this with a passion for innovation, customer experience, and our people. Actian puts our greatest asset, our people, at the center and offers employees the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment focused on shared success. At Actian, we believe in culture add, and we don’t subscribe to ideologies that limit people’s potential. We don’t want people to just work here – we want them to belong here.
With a vision of being the most trusted, flexible, and easy to use data platform, our product portfolio includes the most performant data management, data integration, and data analytics products on the market. Customers use our cloud-native data platform to unify their data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real-time business insights at a fraction of the cost. Twenty-four (24) of the Fortune 100 companies use Actian technology in some of the most mission-critical applications that impact your daily life.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Assist in gathering and understanding business requirements and participate in the estimation and timeline process.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of complex reports and reporting systems across different environments.
- Collaborate with team members and internal customers to design and implement solutions that provide long term scalability, reliability, and performance.
- Identify design-level risks and communicate them to stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain documentation on an ongoing basis.
- Support and enhance existing Force.com, APEX and C# based applications.
- Perform debugging and unit testing of software projects.
- Assist in development of new internal API to support interfaces between different SaaS based applications
Required Experience and Education
- Must have 5 - 8 years’ experience working as Business Analyst on some SaaS based application with focus on ERP and CRM processes.
- Some working experience in C#, XML, JSON, REST, SOAP, SQL, MVC and ASP.NET, and be comfortable jumping into new areas.
- Understanding of web-based services and tools required
- Working knowledge of different tools like Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, Subversion, Apache Ant etc.
- Some experience with CSS, HTML, and scripting languages desirable but not mandatory
- Ability to quickly learn complex business processes and write software to automate them
- Experience using SQL Server, including the use of triggers, views and stored procedures
- Understanding of cross platform OS systems.
- Ability to work constructively with diverse people and with parties who have divergent needs and interests.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Excellent technical writing abilities
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.