Marketing Intern - Remote
Marketing – Digital and Demand Generation /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
We are looking for interns to join us for our 2022 Summer Internship Program! This 12-week program is set to begin June 13th, so if you are looking for an incredible opportunity to partner with the best and brightest minds in the industry, apply today. This program has been designed with our interns in mind and includes structured learning plans, a dedicated buddy, and a focused capstone project that you will have the opportunity to present in our Internship Showcase!
What It’s Like Interning with Us!
Weekly Events— just because the internship is remote, doesn’t mean we don’t have time for fun! Last summer, we hosted an epic Lip Sync Battle, tiny camp fire—complete with smores(!!!), a murder mystery party, and so much more
Time with Executives— Interns all get a chance to connect with our executive team through panel discussions, 1:1s, Q&A meetings, and events
Workshops & Tech Tuesday’s— Interns all participate in Tech Tuesday’s where they get to learn more about Actian specific technologies, as well as workshops geared towards new professionals
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated Marketing Intern to join our growing marketing department. If you’re an ambitious individual who wants to build a career in marketing with a focus on digital and content marketing, then we want to work with you. Your work will include administrative duties in researching and developing content as well as onboarding Kapost - our Content Management Platform.
Data is at the core of what drives our platform and solutions, and we are a data-driven marketing organization. You will need to be as well. This is a wonderful opportunity to add experience to your resume in the mission-critical area of modern cloud data applications.
- Copy optimization for content marketing
- Proof reading and marketing content review
- Assist in research, development and curation of content ideas including the research and evaluation of competitor marketing and digital content
- Identify opportunities for content promotion and content partnerships
- Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content.
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, digital and web)
Nice to haves:
- Currently enrolled in a BA with major in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, or a related field
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Ability to be an independent contributor
- Ideal candidate will possess a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic and drive for success
- Strong written and verbal skills required
- Advanced computer skills (Salesforce, MS Office a plus)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performing team environment
- Meticulous attention to detail, planning and organizational abilities are strongly preferred
- Comfortable working remotely
- Must be actively enrolled in a college degree program
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.