Sr. Business Analyst
Round Rock, Texas /
Sales – Strategic Alliance /
Who We Are:
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
At Actian, we are dedicated to revolutionizing industries and transform the way companies leverage data to drive success. Our vision is to be the hybrid cloud data platform that is most trusted, flexible, and easy to use.
As a division of HCL Software, a subsidiary of HCL Technologies (NSE: HCLTECH), Actian has access to the resources and expertise of one of the world's top technology companies. Our partnership with HCL Software is a testament to our commitment to delivering innovative and effective data management and analytics solutions that drive business success for organizations of all sizes.
With Actian Data Platform, we empower companies to modernize their applications and simplify their journey to the cloud. Using this powerful tool, our customers can consolidate their disparate data sources, securely exchange data, and unlock real-time business insights through a wide range of analytics workloads at an affordable cost. Our technology is trusted by 24 of the Fortune 100 companies, powering some of the most critical applications that impact people's daily lives. Join us in our mission to transform the way companies leverage data to drive business success.
What We Are Looking For:
We are seeking a talented Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Revenue Operations team at Actian and play a key role in architecting, developing, and managing data-intensive projects. In this exciting position, you will be responsible for the data practice, working closely with cross-functional partners in Sales, Marketing, Product, and other areas of our business to standardize critical metrics and build intuitive self-service products.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology, including the Actian Cloud Data Platform, Salesforce, Looker, SalesLoft, ZoomInfo, UberFlip, and more. You will be at the forefront of shaping Actian's data strategy, leveraging your expertise to expand qualitative analysis at an enterprise scale and drive business success.
This role offers high visibility, agency, and autonomy, and you will report directly to the Senior Manager of Revenue Operations. If you are a data-driven problem solver with a passion for innovation and a desire to make a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to help architect, develop, and manage data intensive projects for Actian. You will be responsible for the data practice within our Revenue Operations team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with numerous cross-functional partners in Sales, Marketing, Product, and other key aspects of our business (ie GTM, G&A) to
standardize critical metrics and build intuitive self-service products via the modern data stack (Actian Cloud Data Platform, Salesforce, Looker, SalesLoft, ZoomInfo UberFlip, etc.). As Actian continues to grow, data will be a critical anchor to influence our strategy and thus, this role will have high visibility, agency, and autonomy to expand qualitative analysis at enterprise scale. You will report into the Senior Manager of Revenue Operations.
What Will You Do:
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst at Actian, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our Revenue Operations and GTM teams. Your role will involve working closely with leadership to deliver innovative data solutions that improve business insights and streamline processes.
In this role, you will:
- Support strategic GTM projects by optimizing systems and processes, such as re-architecting Salesforce workflows, reporting, and task models to support new sales programs
- Harness the power of the Actian Data Cloud Platform to connect, manage, and analyze data, uncovering valuable insights such as Customer 360 and Customer Journey through data unification from multiple systems
- Design and manage Salesforce Reports and Dashboards that accurately measure Key Performance Indicators for the Revenue Operations and GTM teams
- Turn data into actionable intelligence through critical thinking and statistical techniques, providing easy-to-consume data with the ability to dive deeper into supporting data
- Acquire data from primary and secondary sources, maintain databases and data systems, and ensure data accuracy and performance through filtering and cleaning
- Identify trends and patterns in complex data sets, constantly seeking new process improvement opportunities and ways to enhance and optimize data-driven insights and solutions
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to support strategic decision making and drive business success
- Work with Revenue Operations leadership to deliver innovative data solutions that improve business insights and remove administration from Actian GTM teams
- Support Actian key GTM projects that require system and process optimization (example – how to re-architect Salesforce workflow, reporting, and task models to support new sales programs)
- Utilize Actian Data Cloud Platform, where applicable, to connect, manage, and analyze data
- Unify, bringing data together, from multiple systems to deliver useful insights such as Customer 360, Customer Journey
- Develop and manage Salesforce Reports and Dashboards to measure Key Performance Indicators for the Revenue Operations and GTM teams
- Turn data into information using critical thinking skills and statistical techniques
- Provide accurate and easy to consume data, which includes ability to drill-down to supporting data
- Gather requirements and design reports, reporting capabilities, and business rules
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data, and review performance indicators to locate and correct problems
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities
What You Are Expected to Bring:
- 4 + years of experience as Data Analyst or similar role
- 2+ years of related Salesforce experience
- Proficiency in MS Excel, VBA, or other programming languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Power BI, Looker, or similar reporting engines is a plus
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and consulting skills
- In-depth knowledge of databases and experience working with them
- Expertise in statistics and experience using statistical packages for data analysis
- Sharp analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and effectively communicate large amounts of data with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Data-driven and highly organized mindset
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills for both business and technical audiences
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.