Junior Support Engineer
Services and Support – Support /
Our Vision is to be the Most Trusted, Flexible and Easy to Use Hybrid Cloud Data Platform. Actian is transforming industries by empowering companies to accelerate application modernization and simplify the Cloud journey. Our customers use the Actian Data Platform to unify their siloed data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real time business insights at a fraction of the cost. We have 24 of the Fortune 100 companies using Actian technology in some of the most mission critical applications that impact your daily life.
We are looking for an Actian Avalanche Junior Support Engineer to provide prompt, courteous and in-depth service and support to our Avalanche customers and partners. We are looking for you to provide top-of-the-line customer service by demonstrating a high level of service aptitude, product knowledge and customer responsiveness. You will thrive in an environment that expects you to take initiative and find solutions.
- Provide customer support via email or telephone to the Avalanche Cloud Data Platform users.
- Use Salesforce Service Cloud Reporting Portal to manage support cases, perform issue investigation of customer problems, answer customer questions, offer solutions to problems, monitor and answer community forum questions.
- Install, configure, test, and troubleshoot software or applications that may be necessary to reproduce or analyze the customer’s environment or problems.
- Research and investigate product defects using traces, logs, and other software tools.
- Help to set-up problem recreation environments and standards to support the organization.
- Work with Support Engineers, Senior Support Engineers, Principal Support Engineers, Team Leads and Software Engineers to expedite resolution of customer issues.
- Troubleshoot data integration projects from Customers and our internal departments (Sustaining Engineering, Pre-sales)
- Escalate customer issues to Senior Support Engineers if necessary.
- Ability to work in a 24x7 environment.
- Demonstrate effective implementation of Actian's Core Competencies.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- Troubleshooting and customer service skills with 1-2 years of technical support experience as a Customer Care representative or Support Engineer
- Strong customer communication skills: must be proficient in English (written and verbal) to be able to communicate comfortably with customers globally.
- Strong customer service mindset, including attitude, ethics, and approach.
- Excellent analytic, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Can quickly grasp and self-learn new technologies.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under own initiative – self-motivated.
- Knowledge about Cloud platform technologies; AWS, Azure or Google ecosystems.
- Knowledge about Databases and analytics technologies such as Ingres, Vector, Oracle, Snowflake, Teradata.
- Knowledge of MS Windows and Linux.
- Understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL) and procedural extension languages such as PL/SQL, SQL/PSM.
- Understanding of programming languages such as MS .NET, JSON, Java, C’ and C++.
- Understanding of database connectivity using a variety of technologies, i.e., ODBC, JDBC, Spark, JSON, etc.
- Experience in BI/ETL technologies; Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, Qlik a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce and Jira a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.