Sr. Product Marketing Manager- Databases and Partnerships
Marketing – Product Marketing /
Actian transforms business by simplifying how people connect, manage, and analyze data. We do this with a passion for innovation, customer experience, and our people. Actian puts our greatest asset, our people, at the center and offers employees the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment focused on shared success. At Actian, we believe in culture add, and we don’t subscribe to ideologies that limit people’s potential. We don’t want people to just work here – we want them to belong here.
With a vision of being the most trusted, flexible, and easy to use data platform, our product portfolio includes the most performant data management, data integration, and data analytics products on the market. Customers use our cloud-native data platform to unify their data, explore and securely exchange data to run a variety of analytic workloads that provide real-time business insights at a fraction of the cost. Twenty-four (24) of the Fortune 100 companies use Actian technology in some of the most mission-critical applications that impact your daily life.
We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager for databases and partnerships to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies to determine how to best message & position new product features and drive increased revenue through the go-to-market.
The core product marketing function is responsible for multiple databases, crafting and executing go-to-market strategies for our product portfolio, as well as developing personas, market insights, positioning, messaging, and content. An important channel for some of our database products is the partner channel, thus working with Alliances on a partner marketing strategy is part of the role.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies for various database products and GTM partners.
- Act as a subject matter expert and the point of contact for messaging for database products.
- Partner with Alliances team to build a partner marketing plan in support of the Alliances strategy.
- Ensure alignment around GTM strategy and message by working closely with product management, sales, and customer success.
- Execute against the partner marketing play by taking existing content and adapting it for partner us, build upon sales enablement assets to develop partner enablement assets, develop co-branded campaigns if and when needed.
- Ensure marketplace content & experience is up to date/current.
- Work closely with engineering and design teams to identify customer needs.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market.
- Plan and execute product launches, including working with cross-functional teams.
- Create sales enablement tools and training.
- Conduct market research to understand customer needs and the competitive landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise software product marketing.
- Strong technical background, preferably with experience in software development or engineering.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in or knowledge of transactional databases.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Atlassian products (Confluence, Jira, Jira Work Management)
- Strong experience in writing in all forms; develop content and incorporate SEO
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.